1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Give Me Jesus

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just Give Me Jesus

"I don't want to quit..
    I don't want sympathy...
    I don't even want a miracle...
    Jesus Give Me Jesus"

-By Anne Graham Lotz
    ___________________________________​

In a day when so many professing Christians are focused on material "blessings" and worldly riches, I think this phrase from the cover of Lotz's book "Just Give Me Jesus" is very timely. At the end of the day it does not matter how big our house is, how fancy our car is, or how many numbers are in our checking accounts. The only thing that really matters is our walk with and relationship with Jesus. ​

Is "Just Give Me Jesus" the cry of your heart today? I hope and pray that it is. I pray that it is the true cry of my heart. In the rush of our busy lives it's not always easy to remember that at the end of the day Jesus is the most important person in our lives. He is the One who can meet all of our needs and fulfill all of our dreams. I think one thing is for sure. When I see my Lord face to face, on that wonderful day, every dream and need I have ever had, or will have, will be fulfilled.​

Indeed, just give me Jesus! ​

Lord, let us know your presence every moment of every day. And may you, and you alone, be the One we live for everyday. Amen. :praying: ​

2. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Love that story martin.

#2 charles_creech78, Jul 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2007
  3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Love The Lord Thy God With All They Heart Soul Mind And Stranght

I was driving one day to get some things for the house. I came up on a red light.I turned to my left and seen a old man holding a sign and it said can you please help me, anything will do. So I gave him what change I had .As I drive of I heir him say God bless you young man. I thought on that and said to myself God has all ready blessed me. But I thought on it some more and asked myself what have I done to be blessed like this.But my mind had sliped off of it as I came closer to my destanation. I stop and got out of my car. I start heading into the store,but my eyes stop me as I look over at these little boys at a snack mechine.The older boy was counting his change. He did not have much in his hand it looked like to me.He but the money in the mechine and pushed the botten.The snack fell and the older boy reached in and got the snackout.Heir you have it, said the bigger boy as he turned and gave it to that little boy.The bigger boy looked down at his change knowing he did not have enough. As he but it back in his pocket. My heart melted inside as I reach in my pocket to see if I had any change left to help the little fellow out.I dug deep into my pocket knowing I might not have anything.But to my serprise I had 75 cents.I was so happy,but not as happy as that little boy as I gave him the change. He said thank you mister as I walked of. I started home after I got what I needed. I started thanking about the things I have done for God.There was really nothing I could thank of. There was really nothing I had done to get a blessing. So that night I was lieing in bed with the bible in my hand. I opened it up and a scripture pop out at me. Love the lord they God with all thy heart, soul, mind and stranght and they neighbour as they self. I started to crie as I neeled down to pray. I seen him twice that day as I look at that poor old man and that little boy. But that night I found him on my knees. Written by a friend of God p.s There is alot we can do but there is only one way we can love God and that is the title.