1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus' marriage to Mary Magdalene

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, May 22, 2006.

1. Soulman

Soulman New Member

We are definately in the last days. Satan will inspire anything to cause confusion. He is grasping at straws as his judgement draws near. The Da Vinci code is garbage.

As Christians we believe the bible as we have it to be God's word. The Gnostic gospels though interesting cannot be trusted as they are NOT God's word.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Study as you may; there's NOT ONE BLIP of Jewish, Roman, or other secular history that suggests in the slightest degree that Jesus was married...not even anything written by the enemies of Christianity suggest this!

Also, Da Vinci was no hermit...he had a wide circle of friends, and a studio full of wannabee great artists who studied painting under him. He said that sometimes he liked to add a little mystery(nothing to do with "codes") to a portrait. Thus, he added the slight little smile to the Mona Lisa(with her approval...She was a real person, Lisa Gherardini, married to wealthy silk merchant Francesco del Giocondo at age 16; the painting was started when she was about 24. She was described by her social acquaintances as a calm, happy person who smiled a lot.

As for Leo's "The Last Supper", here are some facts: Leo painted it at the request of his employer,Ludovico Sforza, Duke of Milan, beginning it in 1495, taking 3 years to finish it. It is a mural, measuring 15 X 29 feet, on a wall of the refectory (dining hall) in the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan, Italy.

The moment depicted is just after Jesus told His disciples that He was gonna be crucified & that one of them was gonna betray Him. Leo tried to capture the emotional sesponse of each discipls from what is known of their characters. For example, Peter is angry, Judas is shadowy, clutching a money purse; John is feminine-appearing because he was quite young, and the others appear aghast.

Leo had painted many portraits, and used no models for this work. However, he didn't know that those Jews ate ROMAN-STYLE, reclining at a low table, and NOT seated. Thus, we have this verse in the KJV:John 13:23
    Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

There was no mystery nor gnostic "codes" in this painting. Leo made it strictly for monetary gain. The Duke of Milan paid him a handsome sum for his work. And many generations of nuns have taken their meals in that hall.

Jesus has no feet in the painting because about 1650 some carpenter installed another door in that wall at that place.

Also, there's no record whatsoever that Leo ever belonged to any gnostic order.

The "Da Vinci Code", like the "Bible Codes" thingie is so much bunk.

3. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Amen. I agree with the 'bah-humbug' post. The author of "The Da Vinci Code" needs to be witnessed to; Tom Hanks, as well. I'd like for Franklin Graham to sit down with them, along with some honest Biblical scholars. The Apocrypha are equally bogus.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Why Franklin Graham?? Is it because like the Emperior of Japan fell to his knees after Fat Boy whistled to the Earth----Hanks won't come to his knees any other way or with any other person??

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Apocrypha were inserted between the Testaments of the AV 1611. They are good to show us a glimpse of Jewish life post-Esther, during the Maccabeean days, but certainly are NOT Scripture, nor "deuterocanonical".

6. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

????????

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

???????? </font>[/QUOTE]Confused, huh Terry???

My implication is----why send Franklin?? Is it because we believe thats the only way Hank will listen??

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

???????? </font>[/QUOTE]Confused, huh Terry???

My implication is----why send Franklin?? Is it because we believe thats the only way Hank will listen??
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thank you for this explanation. [​IMG]

9. genesis12

genesis12 Member

My, my, my. I (personal pronoun, singular) would like for Franklin to talk to him. You select anyone you want.

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My, my, my. I (personal pronoun, singular) would like for Franklin to talk to him. You select anyone you want. </font>[/QUOTE]I apologize, Genesis---I really do! I misunderstood you--thats all!!

I was thinkin' along the lines of Franklin's pop, Billy!! [​IMG] [​IMG]