1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus Our Brother

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Zenas, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Where does it say in the Bible that Jesus is our brother? I've seen it before but I can't seem to be able to find it now.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Rom 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined [to be] conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

3. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Thanks Amy. I guess the problem is that I was using a King James concordance to come up with "brother" and that will never happen when the usage is in the plural.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I don't know if this would apply but what about Romans 8:15-17?
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received th Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." 16The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17and if children, then heirs-- heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ....[/FONT]

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt. 12:48-50 "Who are My mother and who are My brothers?" (49) And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, 'Behold My mother and My brothers! (50) For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother.'"

Only those who do the will of God the Father are the brother/sisters of Christ.

peace to you:praying: