1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jewish sacrifice

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Brian, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Brian

Brian New Member

Do any Jewish sects still preform the sacrifices and such that the Law required for thier sins? It would seem that if they kept themselves under the law they would still do these things but I haven't heared of it. So can anyone tell me do Jews still try to fulfil the Law with the shedding of blood or not?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews cannot make any sacrifices.
    The Temple no longer exists.
    They can no longer prove without any doubt who are priests (kohanim).
    In addition, they must find the ashes of the original Red Heifer (the breed no longer exists) to cleanse the temple site before they can rebuild it.
    They also need the original covenant document, Aaron's Rod, manna, etc for the Holy of Holies.

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: HankD ]

3. Brian

Brian New Member

How then do they reconcile within themselves the inability to reconcile with God? For a Christian the question is rhetorical but how do the rabbi's explain this? Anyone?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <<How then do they reconcile within themselves the inability to reconcile with God? For a Christian the question is rhetorical but how do the rabbi's explain this? Anyone?>>

Jews which I have asked this very question answered that these things are not necessary.
    But if God restored them, then they would do re-institue the sacrifices.
    In 1995 a red heifer was reportedly born on an hasidic farm. It caused quite a stir and some apprehension on the part of local muslims since the Temple Site is under their control (sort of) and it would mean that the mosque would have to be torn down before the temple rebuild.
    However three white hairs were later found on it and it was disqualified.

HankD

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Brian

Brian New Member

Thanks for the info.! B

7. Donbam

Donbam Guest

Shalom,

Actually Hank, I was going to ask you how old your information was. Within just the last year or two, scientists have found descendants of the Cohanim. They found that they have a specific genetic code.

Also, everything is in place for the Temple to be rebuilt, all the furnishings are ready, there has been training for the sacrifices. I have heard it said by those in Israel, that all that would be need to get everything going was a fifteen minute warning.

Shalom B Messiah Yeshua

8. Brian

Brian New Member

Ok so what about every thing since 70AD until when they start again. I mean like if they start over how will they make up for all the missed time? If God had wanted that type of sacrifice why did the temple get destroyed?

9. Revelation

Revelation New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Donbam:
    Shalom,

Actually Hank, I was going to ask you how old your information was. Within just the last year or two, scientists have found descendants of the Cohanim. They found that they have a specific genetic code.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is Cohanim?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Donbam:
    Shalom,

Also, everything is in place for the Temple to be rebuilt, all the furnishings are ready, there has been training for the sacrifices. I have heard it said by those in Israel, that all that would be need to get everything going was a fifteen minute warning.

Shalom B Messiah Yeshua.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is so exciting...I can hardly wait for this to take place...wooohhooo!!!!!!!

Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. Revelation 4:8b
    Revelation ;)

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Revelation ]

10. Brian

Brian New Member

I've seen it spelled Kohnamim and Cohnamim I believe it simply hebrew for priest or the name of the priests from the OT.

11. ONENESS

ONENESS New Member

Have any of you guys checked out anything by Ervin Baxter jr. He is the Author and Founder of the Magazine "The Endtime" Alot of neat things there.

Once they find the Red Heifer and the temple is rebuilt the Anti Christ will set on the Throne, and then all Hell is going to break loose on Earth.

Well at least thats what I think, Maybe i need to refresh my memory but I think they are practiceing human sacrifices right now in Isreal on busses and cars, LoL i meant to say Animal sacrifices.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Donbam,

Aleicham shalom!

Yes, I have heard the same. I am wondering about it though.

I have read of 200-300 red heifer possiblities some of which are descendants of "Melody". There has also been talk about cloning.

I have also heard that there are those who claim that the remaining original ashes of the original red heifer along with all the articles for the Holy of Holies are hidden in a tunnel (which supposedly exists, but the Muslims won't allow excavation thereof)
    beneath the Temple site.

The red heifer ashes are of utmost importance to cleanse everything defiled by the gentiles (goyim) over the centuries since the sack of Jerusalem.

"...and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled"

HankD

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: HankD ]

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    &lt;&lt;If God had wanted that type of sacrifice why did the temple get destroyed?&gt;&gt;

Because the mosaic sacrifices all pointed to Jesus Christ until He came.
    Once He came, the one accepable sacrifice was made.

Also, Jesus Christ Body IS the Temple of God

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up...

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

14. Revelation

Revelation New Member

Here is something that I have been taught:

Jesus said that the temple would be destroyed.

Matthew 24:1-2
    1)And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples cam to him for to show him the buildings of the temple.

2)And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Has the temple been destroyed? There is still a wall standing. I believe that once that wall is destroyed then prophesy will be fulfilled and another one will be on its way.
    The building of the Third Temple for end time prophesy is just around the corner.

Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. Revelation 4:8b
    Revelation ;)

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    &gt;&gt;Has the temple been destroyed? There is still a wall standing. I believe that once that wall is destroyed then prophesy will be fulfilled and another one will be on its way.
    The building of the Third Temple for end time prophesy is just around the corner.&gt;&gt;

I may be wrong, but I believe the "wailing wall" is a actually a part the wall of the old City of Jerusalem and not actually a wall of the structure of the solomonic temple.

HankD

16. Revelation

Revelation New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HankD:
    &gt;&gt;Has the temple been destroyed? There is still a wall standing. I believe that once that wall is destroyed then prophesy will be fulfilled and another one will be on its way.
    The building of the Third Temple for end time prophesy is just around the corner.&gt;&gt;

I believe the "wailing wall" is a actually a part the wall of the old City of Jerusalem and not actually a wall of the structure of the solomonic temple.

HankD
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I am wrong then I will be corrected...I will dig a little more into this and get back to you on this.

Revelation ;)

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it looks like I am wrong, perhaps it was a controversy at one time.

Click on "about the wall".
    They make the same point you are making.

http://www.aish.com/wallcam/

HankD

18. Revelation

Revelation New Member

19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I see you were correct.

That's the "Havah Negilla" they are playing in the background of that first URL site.

HankD

20. Revelation

Revelation New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HankD:
    Yes, I see you were correct.

That's the "Havah Negilla" they are playing in the background of that first URL site.

HankD
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So then, the prophesy that Jesus predicted in Matthew 24:1-2 has not been fulfilled as yet.

We are waiting for that wall to come down and the construction of the new temple should not take that long, so then, we had better be on our toes cause Jesus will be returning alot sooner than expected.

I believe that we will be seeing the two witnesses b4 the rapture will take place.

What are your thoughts?

Revelation ;)