1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jewish sensitivities

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Alcott, Mar 30, 2007.

?
  1. There is nothing wrong with saying Jews have money and power; they [i]do[/i]

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. Jews predominantly “run” professional sports and/or other facets of the entertainment business

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Jews do have disproportionate business success, but this should not be publically stated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It is [i]not true[/i] that Jews have disproportionately substantial money and power

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. Jews are “crafty”

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Jewish success is because they [i]had[/i] to learn to make profitable business to live

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. Jews tend to be overly sensitive to being talked about by others in either positive or negative ways

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  8. [i]Zionism is racism[/i]—the Jews support resettling an ancient homeland [i]only for themselves[/i]

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  9. As "chosen people,” Jews are entitled to power in the world at the expense of the ‘non-chosen’

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. I can not vote agreement with any of the above statements

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry............how does one idenitify a person who is Jewish or a follower of the Jewish religion.....short of hanging around a synagogue........:type:

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

BG -- We live in an area that is fairly heavily Jewish. To put into perspective, we have seven houses of worship in our town & three are synagogues. There are indeed ways of identifying someone who is Jewish -- sometimes by their dress & including yamicahs for males, walking to temple on Saturday, sometimes by their surname, sometimes by the part of the city in which they live, etc.

BTW, I too found the poll offensive.