1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jimmy Carter's New Baptist Covenant II a Bust?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Featured preachers were Tony Campolo and Marian Wright Edelman.

Low Attendance Disappoints New Baptist Covenant Planners:

Religious Herald editor Jim White asks How could something so good have been such a bust?:

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

A very liberal paper featuring very liberal people who does not understand the very liberal failure. That is classic.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

both of those speakers are considered "liberal to afault" are they not?

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Another thing that is classic is the abundance of talk and abundance of apathy.

For example when I pastored a church years ago I replanted the church with just a handful of people. I taught them how to make disciples and took the men with me to knock on doors. For the first year almost every man who agreed to go with me would call me back a few days before we were scheduled to go and give me much the same excuses. After about one year I told them that they no longer needed me as pastor. They looked shocked and asked me about what I would do. I told them, "It's not what about what I am going to do but what you are going to do." I explained to them about how they had given me so many excuses and how it needed to stop. It became apparent that they had a private discussion and they decided to follow me. When they did, the church began to grow a lot. When the church began to grow some of the local pastors heard about what was happening they asked me about what I was doing. I explained to them what I did. The common response was that they could not do that. I told them that I would show them how. The number who responded was one pastor.