1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jindal Not Truthful

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

No gasket-blowing here...but it is quite sad that you don't look at the candidate...only the party. That's not being an informed voter.

Do you always accuse fellow believers of obsessing over perversion? You'll deny it, but that's known as a "personal attack" 'round these parts.

The average American couldn't tell you who the last three vice-presidents were, or who their senator is. I don't base my opinion on the average. In addition, I know what happens because I read/research/post real sources. I do my homework. You should try it sometime.

Thank you for giving us such a clear picture of who dragonfly is, and what he stands for. Good day. :wavey:

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I support Franken because he was the voters choice. That is how democracy works, he who gets the most votes win. Currently half the people of MN are not represented and that is contrary to democracy yet the right for some reason doesn't find this objectionable.

The way I see it, if Coleman really had a smoking gun he would have put that card on the table by now. It seems his whole case hinges on one Republican woman who says she seen about 100 absentee ballots counted twice. Since 100 ballots won't change the outcome I think we should stop wasting tax dollars, subtract 100 from Franken, declare him the winner and move on...

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is correct to use the phrase "during Katrina" when speaking of the time frame in the aftermath or immediately following the storm itself. Suggesting this is a lie is simply a poor attempt to redirect from the many lies Odrama tells with regards to taxing, and earmarks.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Did Jindal lie or not?

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You right-wingers know he lied, why not come on out and admit it. :tongue3:

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

He did not lie:

He gets screwed by the media....... and by the vipers on this board.

7. TomMann

TomMann New Member

Did not hear the Jindal speech so I had to pull it up on Utube to put it all in perspective. Didn't have any problem with understanding that "during Katrina" was in the days following the actual storm. Face it, during the storm they weren't calling for boats to rescue people off rooftops. To think that Jindal was trying to convince anyone that he was braving the height of the storm to do these things..... is a real stretch.

Conclusion, there is a brand of radilcal, rancid, rabid folks who will not stop at anything...... to discredit anyone who doesn't walk lockstep with their warped ideaology.

Amazing to think that someone who was "boots on the ground" is discredited while the so called leaders were safely positioned in their luxury trying to figgure out how to make the best political and financial advantage of the suffering, and perhaps magnifying the suffering to pull more advantage....... well, I guess you earned the right to the title "Democrat".

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Did Jindal say he was involved with the Sheriff when if fact he wasn't or was his own spokesperson lying?

Why don't you right-wingers answer this simple question? Quit skirting the issue and man up!

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The term "During Katrina" was used in the aftermath of the storm-----it was probably used to describe the events in the storm's "wake"

It turned out that it was Democratic Governor Kathleen Blanco who "froze" in decision making immediately after the storm surge caused levees to break flooding New Orleans-----turns out she couldn't make any sort of governatoral decision---she "froze" in the middle of the crisis when she was needed most.

Bobby Jendel for President

2012-------says blackbird, the displaced Cajun---native of Baton Rouge residing in Alabama

#29 blackbird, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  10. rbell

rbell Active Member

I almost hate to answer, because I dislike responding to name-calling.

I think Jindal was careless with his words. I don't think he was intentionally trying to tell something untrue. But I could be wrong. And if I am, then hey...he has no business lying to the public.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Thank you for your honesty. I agree, Jindal misspoke, as do most politicians, republican and democrats and even independents.

I am sorry to continue to badger this thread, but since some have no problem pointing out the lies of President Obama (I'm not talking about you personally rbell), I thought it would be fair to show that he is not the only one.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Even without the lie, there is no defense for Jindal's response. He sounded like Mr. Rogers and waived the GOP tax cut flag...

Been there, done that... :BangHead:

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Did they change the link to BB or did someone crack your passwords??? [​IMG]

14. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am closing this thread. I see no edification or giving glory to God here.

All I see is name-calling and personal attacks. If you can't debate without doing that, please find yourself another board or we will help you out the door.

Also, sending inappropriate PM's to other members will result in suspension/banning.

This is an official warning. I trust you will figure out if it's you who is sowing discord among the brethren and correct your posting habits.

Thank you,
    §ue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.