1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job situation

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ccrobinson, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

So, I interviewed at another company today (see other thread I opened this morning). Thanks to those who prayed for that.

That place didn't really wow me and that's what I really wanted to have happen. I'm currently having significant issues with my boss at my current job. The guy works all the time (I'm not exaggerating) and he expects everybody under him to do the same. I already work nearly 50 hours a week and just this last Monday, he said that I need to work more hours. I refuse to sacrifice my wife and children by working more hours. I'm simply not sure what to do about this situation.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Although this is not the greatest economic times, I know God provides.

When I was in school, I worked to go to school. I was a full time worker and a full time student. When my boss wanted me to work more and more, I just couldn't sacrifice my schooling for work, since I was working to go to school. So I quit. Two weeks later, I had a better, more solid job, better benefits, and a schedule I worked until I finished school.

I believe God will bless when we keep eyes on priorities.

And by the way, I still am praying for you.

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: and thanks SaggyWoman for your wonderful words of encouragement to this request!

4. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: that you will answer this prayer request concerning his work
    situation. We pray that you will meet his needs. We pray this is Jesus'
    Name. Amen