1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joe Smith 'translates' the Longer Ending of Mark from the angel M

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Forever settled in heaven, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forever settled in heaven

there's no question on which side the Book of Mormon comes down on with regard to the KJB. in a recent study comparing the BOM n the KJB, the BOM even plagiarises the Longer Ending of Mark.

all u have to do is to unzip this file, keeping all unzipped files in the same folder/directory: http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id33012492

then open this file: SBS.1.html

to see the BOM in the left column and the KJV in the right. highlighted words are common to the two books.

e.g. the BOM says (where MVs don't):
    (BTW the files may also be useful in Mormon apologetics n getting a glimpse of which parts of the KJB fascinated Joseph Smith the most)

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Did you know Joseph Smith also undertook his own translation of the Bible? These days it is called the Inspired Version. To view the Inspired Version online click here.

Scary, isn't it? I must remember to add the Inspired Version to my list of "hands-off" Bibles. It belongs in he same category as the New World Translation of the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Clear Word Translation of the Seventh Day Adventists.

3. Forever settled in heaven

no i didn't know--thanks for pointing it out!

looking at his rendering of the Beatitudes in Matthew 5:

i must confess that i much prefer the plagiarised version in the BOM!!! :eek:

isn't it astounding that the whole edifice of Mormonism is built on nothing but a bunch of plagiarised writings n corrupted translations?

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

You mean the angel Moroni really didn't give these words to JS? ;)

BTW, I didn't know about the inspired version either. I've always wondered where JS really got his inspiration . . . (money, power, delusion . . .)

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moroni. Is that the plural form of "moron?" :D

6. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Moroni. Is that the plural form of "moron?" :D </font>[/QUOTE]Must be, Doc! Just look at the similarity...

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.