1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joel Osteen on the Today Show

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dh1948, May 9, 2006.

1. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

Blackbird, I wouldn't give Osborne so much credit. He didn't manage to motivate much of anything until Switzer left Oklahoma... but that is another story.

Anyway, you all are right about Osteen, and I don't think anyone here would argue against the points you are making. I just think that we could be doing more good by taking what Osteen has done and using it for good. No, his message isn't on target. No, the things he talks about aren't based in Biblical truth. But, like it or not, he is a popular man. He has a huge following through TV, books, and trips around the country. Rather than just letting his "preaching" sit, with us simply saying we don't agree, I think we can pick up at that invitation and bring people into fellowship with our local churches, teach them properly, and end up with Bible believing Christians. If we do nothing, we end up with more people that sit and watch TV thinking that God is going to make them millionaires if they say he is.

2. standingfirminChrist

if one does not hear the gospel, what is he responding to at the end of the service?

One cannot call on one he never hears of.

3. SOGOSINGER

SOGOSINGER New Member

Sogo, I know where you stand and yes I did read your posts all the way through and comprehended very well. I nowhere stated that you were an Osteen supporter, now, did I? I don't appreciate your implication that I or anyone else here has done that. We've simply pointed out that giving an allegedly "clear" invitation for salvation at the end doesn't negate all the manure one had to wade through to get to it. Once one wades through it, it's pretty clear that something stinks! :eek: [/QB][/QUOTE]

My question to you is this: Simply put, do you think those that respond to an invitation in his services and ask the Lord to save them and mean it with all of their heart are going to heaven? If so then once again How can this be "ALL" bad? I thought :"all of heaven rejoices" when one soul is saved....Just not when saved by watching Joel Osteen on tv?