1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joel Osteen

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JRG39402, Feb 22, 2006.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your attacks are unwarranted atestring. This thread is not about me; it is about Joel Oesteen. If you cannot see the error in his theology then I feel sorry for you. The thread is now six pages long and there have been links to enough sites, and enough information posted that should give you enough information about the man to show you that he is a false prophet. I suggest you read through the thread. I didn't start it. Another poster did. I am not the main poster on this thread. Others have contributed to it more than me. Apparently you have a vendetta. If you don't want to read what I post about Oesteen then don't. No one is forcing you. Read what others have said. They give the same badic information--that he is a false teacher. His teachings are heretical. Do your own research in this matter. Think with your mind and not your emotions.
    DHK

2. atestring

atestring New Member

Djkh
    i disagree with you.

That is my privilege!
    Call that an attack if you want to but i just simply disagree with you about john Osteen.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You can disagree all you want. That is your perogative. In fact it is a Baptist distinctive called "soul liberty." We have the freedom to believe differently, to express different points of view.
    But if you cannot do it in a civil way than don't express yourself at all. I can't remember exactly what you said. But it must have been serious enough to warrant Bible Boy doing this:
    If you can't keep within the rules of the BB, then don't post here. That is all we ask.
    DHK

4. JRG39402

JRG39402 New Member

I said I didn't hear any SCRIPTURE until several minutes, it wasn't the gospel.

5. Dustin

Dustin New Member

The guy is too happy for me, he doesn't mention repentance or sinners or hell or the devil. I'm sure most of you know what happened when he was on Larry King Live. He basically denied that Jesus Christ was the only way to heaven. It's always "what God wants to do for you." Pardon me, but I thought we were put here to serve God and give Him the glory He deserves. People like him seem to treat God as some way to make them happy or make their life smooth. They should read their bibles once on a while. Read about Job, or maybe Stephen, or Paul. On a positive note, Joel Osteen is very well spoken and would make a great camp counseler or a motivational speaker. Just too happy for me. :rolleyes:

6. atestring

atestring New Member

Dustin ,
    Maybe you can find a sad boring preacher.
    Believe me ,they are out there.

7. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Sorry, that came out wrong. What I meant was that he doesn't preach consequences. It's like he's softening up God. I have no problem with an uplifting sermon, just he never preaches anything else. It's almost like he's saying God serves us instead of us serving God. That's how it hits me.

Dustin

8. atestring

atestring New Member

Just because he doesn't preach about Hell constantly doed not mean that he does not believe in hell.
    The best*(and only) antedote against hell is salvation.
    It is God's goodness that leads men to repentance. Why not tell people about God's goodness.
    God wants us to have a good life in this world and in the world to come.
    Frankly people do not believe in hell and it is hard to reach people with the message of hell(that does not mean that there is ot a hell). People are not thinking about heaven either..
    People are concerned about the problems they face today. If Jesus is presented as "The PEARL OF PRICE THAT HE IS" people might listen.
    Then The goodness Of God Can lead Men to repentance.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Oesteen does preach about Hell, just the wrong things about Hell. He preaches about Jesus, but not the Jesus of the Bible. He preaches a gospel, but not the gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Here is what Marcia posted a couple pages back:
    That is not the gospel. It is heresy. It is indeed pointing people to Hell, and not heaven.
    DHK

10. atestring

atestring New Member

Well kdk, Marcia is entitled to her opiniobn about Word of \Faith People. I personally like to listen to them. I do not consider them heretical.
    They definitely do not quench ( water down ) the Spirit. They do not point people to hell but Declare that Jesus is Lord.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You need to study the Word of Faith movement more. They don't declare that Jesus is Lord. They actually divest Jesus of His divinity and declare man as god. It is entirely the opposite of what Biblical Christianity teaches.
    It is like Hinn declared:
    "We are little gods running around on this earth."
    DHK

12. atestring

atestring New Member

Dkh
    I have studied the Word of Faith movement. I have a differing opinion than you do on the subject.
    They decloare the Lordship of Jesus.
    The only thing that has even been said is that man was created in the image of God.
    We are not in an animal class.
    We are Heirs and joint Heirs with Jesus. We have the right ( and responsibility) to go in the name of Jesus and do what Jesus did. Freely we have recieved and we are to freely give.
    The disciples in the book of Acts got in trouble because they preaced in the name of Jesus. We are to take the authority that Jesus gave us and make a difference in the lives of people.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The heretical and blasphemous doctrines:
    1. that Satan paid the penalty for our sins.
    2. That Jesus went to hell to bargain with Satan for the price to be paid for our sins.
    3. That Christ divested himself of his divinity and became man.
    4. He became man that we could become gods.
    5. That we are all little gods running around on this earth.
    6. Faith is in the power of your words. Whatever you say will come to pass.
    7. The Godhead is a nine-person "trinity" (a mathematical impossibilty); God the Father being 3 persons; God the Son being 3 persons, and God the Holy Spirit being 3 person.

I could list more. These are serious errors, heresies, some of them blasphemous. They just didn't drop out of the air. They are not just being made up by me or those on this board. If you have studied the Word of Faith movement you would be aware of these teachings. The WOF movement is a dangerous cult with dangerous teachings such as the above. These are not Christian beliefs. How can you say they are? They all can be documented. Oesteen, Hinn, Copeland, Hagin, and others all believe in these things. The Bible admonishes us to have nothing to do with such.
    DHK

14. wopik

wopik New Member

yes, of course

15. RedemptionAddiction

I think Joel is helping thousands and thousands of Christians to live a life of victory so that they become better witnesses to the world.

[​IMG]

16. RedemptionAddiction

Alright . . . Hows this picture thing work . . .

17. RedemptionAddiction

18. RedemptionAddiction