1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joel's Army Growing

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Marcia, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is a credible article on the growing ranks of Joel's Army, a cultic offshoot of extreme Pentecostalism-Latter Rain movements. This is something all pastors and believers should take note of and be aware of. Please read entire article. Although it starts off talking about Todd Bentley, please do not make this thread a discussion of Bentley. If you want to comment, stick to the OP thread title and matters related to that. Thanks.

Source
    http://www.alternet.org/story/96945/?page=entire

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I'm asking the mods to please close this thread. I posted it in the General Baptist Discussion forum. Thanks!

3. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Once again I am amazed at how "evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived". On one hand I am saddened but on the other hand I am thankful to see God's word come true:

"For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you." I Cor. 11:19

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" Matt. 18:7

I have seen in my own life and in the lives of others that the worse the heresy the more people see the truth.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "One can only wonder how long before this transforms into real warfare with actual warriors."

GE:
    I guess as soon as the aches and pains of old age start, they will have to begin count their losses. This sort of stuff can only interest youth, it sounds like to me.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Amen! Tribulation worketh patience, and patience, experience -- the best cure against heresy.