1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joel's Army Growing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marcia, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I thank you for that compliment and I do want to be fair to them.

I can agree with you that their sources tend to be much better than your typical rumour mill sources.

I am willing to look at better parts of the site and change my position. I read a few more of their articles and was particularly impressed with some of their larger articles where they did a good job of presenting primary sources like their Mormon Church article. I was particularly impressed with some of their guest articles like their Neo-paganism article from a Lutheran in Australia that did a very good job of a balanced presentation.

After reading a few more articles, I will apologize for calling their website a rumour mill. I have judged them too quickly. They appear to take their job seriously of presenting quality and fair views, particularly about more popular groups that have larger articles dedicated to them.

I think that some of their smaller articles could be improved and maybe in their attempt to be a comprehensive source on many groups and terms, they are unable to dedicate the same level of quality to smaller articles. These include the articles that are relevant to this thread including the Manifest sons of God, Latter Rain and Dominion Theology articles.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is such good news! I usually perceive you as a thoughtful and fair person.

Thank you so much. I feel much better about this now. I have known of this site for quite a few years and use it often.

He has an almost beyond human job keeping up this huge website, and improvements can always be made. In fact, he often bemoans how there are many things he'd like to do to improve the site. He has improved it over the years quite a bit, but managing the site is a big job.

Thanks GoldDragon! :wavey: