1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jogging...

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Jul 5, 2005.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Since having lost some weight I have finally decided to give jogging a try. I started slow and increased my distance a little at a time. This past Saturday I was able to jog non stop my first mile. I did it in 9:25 which I don't consider too shabby for a recovering fat man. [​IMG] My goal is to be able to jog 3 miles at one time.

Are there any other joggers out there in BB land? How far do you jog? How often do you jog?

2. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

I am a "recovering" runner. In the not so distant past I ran three to five times a week, usually 3-5 miles, sometimes longer. Of course, that was against my will. Marines seem to expect you to do that from time to time!!

In all seriousness, I decided yesterday to start running again. I plan on stopping by a running store tomorrow to pick up a new pair of shoes and then see what happens. I would guess I might cover half a mile in 9:25... and this from someone that ran a half marathon a few years back.

Good job on the progress Pastor. I am sure you'll log many happy miles in the near future.