1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Hagee Claims Jesus is not the Messiah

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by KenH, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In what way? I see no logic whatsoever in this statement.

2. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Hagee has done exactly what he has intended to do. He has stirred up a lot of people in order to get them to buy his book to see what he is really saying.

These prosperity gospel folk will so whatever it takes to sell another book and make another dollar.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...because there isn't.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The central doctrines of Dispensationalism center on the Jews and a misapplication of Genesis 12:3. In his thinking, and the thinking of many Dispensationalists, he can't go wrong if he says good things about the Jews.

That's what Dispensationalism has boiled down to. Nothing else matters, not even Christ. Just bless the Jews and God will take care of you.

5. Chessic

Chessic New Member

It seems to me the Old Testament has references to both Christ's first and second comings. Obviously for centuries the Jews have been looking for what we would call His second coming and do not recognize His first coming. I believe Hagee's point is that God knew the Jews would not recognize His first coming; it was all part of God's plan of redemption for both Gentiles and Jews (which have separate characteristics, according to dispensationalists like Hagee). The Jews did not accept him and did not see any kingdom established. They expected a ruler and conquerer; the got neither, nor was it offered in the form they expected. God did not offer to throw down Rome and any other of Israel's oppressors and establish a throne and rule from Jersalem.

When Christ said His kingdom was not of this world, I'm sure that was answer enough for a lot of Jews to look elsewhere. And when he said the kingdom is within us. And when he advocated breaking OT laws, like keeping the Sabbath, and, to the unbelieving observer, what appears to be cannibalism. And when he claimed the temple would be torn down and rebuilt in 3 days, etc.

Speaking for myself, it is only by the grace of God that I believe, and while the Jews of the time often frustrate and sadden me when I read the Gospels, it is only the Grace of God that keeps me from being like them, having a hard, unbelieving heart that can't get past all the apparent absurdities in Jesus' claims. Praise God for the gift of faith, for which I am so completely unworthy.

6. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

How terrible that such a highly respected pastor would say such a thing! :BangHead:

Now, I'm new to some of this theological terminology, although I have been a Christian for eight years now. However, I have recently found out through a Bible study that I am doing that what I believe in, as far as end time events, is dispensational premillenialism (and I should get a big reward for spelling that right without looking at my book :laugh: ). I do not see the connection between what Hagee is saying and the dispensational theory. I have never heard any teacher of this theory even hint at Jesus not being the Messiah...in fact, the big deal is that Jesus is coming back! :thumbsup:

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Aaron, I don't know even a little bit what you're talking about. A dispensationalist would state that there is no difference between Jew and Gentile today. God isn't dealing with Israel today on a national basis, other than at the individual level He's dealing with everyone.

Maybe you could define, "dispensationalism".

8. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

We as a nation have been blessed in an unpresidented way since our inception in the late 1700's. We were blessed above all nations because of our foundations in Christ. The nation Israel didn't exist until 1948, and we were blessed before then and hence.

9. Forever settled in heaven

Actually, that's a gross caricature of Dispensationalism, a system of theology that quite simply recognises differences in the way God works with national Israel in the OT and the church in the NT.

Hagee's absurdity is the logical result, NOT of Dispensationalism but of Christian Zionism. That's the belief that you described: "Just bless the Jews and God will take care of you."

Dispensationalists know that in this age we're to make disciples of "all nations," especially since its the time of grafting in wild olive branches where the original ones were lopped off/replaced (Romans 11). They also know that the time is coming when "the fullness of the Gentiles" happens, as at the Rapture, when the Great Commission winds down and the Regathering of national Israel begins during the Seven-Year Tribulation, culminating at Christ's visible return with His saints and the inauguration of His 1,000-year reign.

Thanks to Christian Zionism, many Dispensationalists are confused about the timing of things, and they exchange the Great Commission, totally prematurely, for the Regathering of the Jews, and thus they spend their days advocating the State of Israel, raising millions for Jewish Aliyah, and neglecting the weightier things of the Law. For this, John Hagee must rank among those most culpable for such a teaching, the end result of which is a wholesale Christ-denying advocacy of the current regime in Jerusalem.

#29 Forever settled in heaven, Nov 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

John Hagee

I have never trusted this man! I wouldn't go and listen to him if he was preaching across the road from my house. I am a believer in not going away from Israel, but the way he is "buddy-buddy" with them, I kinda wonder if he is more Jew than gentile. The Israel we know of today, don't most still reject Jesus as Christ? If they do, Mr. Hagee isn't supposed to have "dealings" with them...unless they are willing to accept Jesus for who He really is....am I correct?

I hate it when he gets the unsaved up next to his pulpit and has them "repeat after me", and then tells them they are saved!! But most churches use this as a way to get larger membership numbers, more tithing, and a "good name". Give me the old time repentance salvation....a trail of tears, so to speak.

The things he says and does is awful...as you can tell, I am not in favor of him. But I do worry about his soul.

Willis

edited: the larger his church is, the more "seeds" get sown,too!! Pathetic!!

#30 convicted1, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay. I'm willing to consider that I may have mischaracterized Dispensationalism as a whole, but it can't be denied that Christian Zionism is a fruit of Dispensationalism.

12. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Not if "fruit" is used in this negative tone. go back and read Forever's post 29, which is pretty good, as it pertains to your misconceptions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.