1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Hagee statement on TBN

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Boanerges, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

I have a better idea...let's discuss errant teaching instead. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]I think that's a great idea!! [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Aah yes...lovely Linda...daughter of Abraham...what sayest thou?

2. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

And then there is the issue of plucking grain on Shabbat...and of course healing on Shabbat....and the little bit about redefining divorce..... I still need a bit more time on this one.....

3. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

I believe--from what I have read about Luke--that he was a God fearing Gentile and probably a proselyte to Judaism. It is said that he wrote more of the NT than Paul, Peter or John.

4. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Okay...my mind is starting to clear up a bit ...so now, wasn't Jesus the Word made manifest? And wouldn't that Word include the Torah? What this tells me, is that MEN would observe the Word of God, but Jesus WAS the Word of God, keeping in mind that THE Word, is not subject to MAN's (pharisees) interpretation of the Word.

5. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Well, we know that Paul wrote thirteen or fouteen books, but Luke wrote Acts and Luke, so he did have his writings in the mix quite a bit.

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Yep! You got it!

Now, Romans 3:1-2 tells us: What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

If Luke was not a Jew, then I guess we need to rip those pages out of our Bibles!

Also, as far as plucking grain on the Sabbath, where did Jesus do that? Unless I'm badly mistaken, he did not.

7. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Yep! You got it!

Now, Romans 3:1-2 tells us: What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

If Luke was not a Jew, then I guess we need to rip those pages out of our Bibles!

Also, as far as plucking grain on the Sabbath, where did Jesus do that? Unless I'm badly mistaken, he did not.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Got me! I was tired when I posted last night. He defended the plucking of the grain, which as a rabbi, would be considered teaching against the Law by the pharisees.

Romans was written in the mid 50's ce. Luke's writings were written in the early 60's ce.Do you think that Luke was born a Jew? Please cite your evidence.

8. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Why all this interest in an Assembly of God preacher?

9. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Ro 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Seems to me, Hagee was "RIGHT", the "Natural Man" doesn't understand the "NEW TONGUE" of "Spiritual Language". :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your ignorance bleeds through. He is not AOG.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The one thing I would disagree with is the God wrote the Bible, not man. Men were God's "pen".

12. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

My understanding is he was trained in an AOG school,his father was AOG and from ehat I see he preaches thier line with a little charismatic flavor thrown in.It was also my understanding from something I read in the past he was ordained AOG. This could all be wrong things change over time but that is the overall picture that has been drawn for me.So I am willing to be educated, clue me in.

13. Psalm 100

Psalm 100 New Member

Hagee was ordained (not sure if he still is) in the AoG. Cornerstone Church, however, is independant. I don't think he holds to much AoG doctrine these days, but he has dabbled in the prosperity area a little bit.

14. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

Here's an interesting passage. Now I know some of you are going to blast me on this one, but here goes ;)

Note that in Col 7-11 Paul is listing those of the circumcision - some are Jews, some have been physically circumcised, but are Greek. In verse 11, he sums it up saying that those are "of the circumcision".

Then he continues in verse 12 to talk about others who are faithful fellow workers, and Luke is included with that group, who appear to be Greeks, not circumcized. If Luke was not circumcized, He would not be a Jew - basic deduction :D [Jews are circumcized at 8 days old]

Col 4:7All my state shall Tychicus declare unto you, who is a beloved brother, and a faithful minister and fellowservant in the Lord:

8Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that he might know your estate, and comfort your hearts;

9With Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is one of you. They shall make known unto you all things which are done here.

10Aristarchus my fellowprisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you, receive him;)

11And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me.

12Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

13For I bear him record, that he hath a great zeal for you, and them that are in Laodicea, and them in Hierapolis.

14Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.

15Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

WHAT? :D :D :D

16. OldRegular

Then why isn't the state of Israel called Judah or Jew or something similar?

17. OldRegular

One of the proofs that dispensationalism is false doctrine. God has only one people! :D :D :D

18. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Then why isn't the state of Israel called Judah or Jew or something similar? </font>[/QUOTE]Well, for the same reason we don't call Texas 'Redneckland'. We may be a bunch of rednecks, but we have some sense of style.

19. OldRegular

Then why isn't the state of Israel called Judah or Jew or something similar? </font>[/QUOTE]Well, for the same reason we don't call Texas 'Redneckland'. We may be a bunch of rednecks, but we have some sense of style. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes you have. You elected Bush Governor, have a Republican Governor now, and I believe a majority of legislators both state and federal are Republicans. And who said rednecks were dumb?

20. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

There's no accounting for taste.