1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Hagee?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by FundamentalOnly!, Dec 4, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

YOU slander the truth? Then support YOUR slander with lies . . .

;)

Was he not AG? (This is actually the only part that I am not possitive of . . . because I am NOT AG myself.)

When do YOU believe that he was not set aside?

Why do YOU believe that he was not set aside?

Maybe before YOU make empty and vain allegations, YOU should ask yourself: "Why would a pastor leave his church and sell washing machines."

Slander is untruth - show it.

Gossip is maliciously spreading the lies or the truth.

I am not being malicious - but, I am letting folks know that if God can work through a man that has done what he has done . . .

God can work through you! I think Haggee is more conservative than you are showing yourself to be . . .

;)

Yes, that might be a cheap shot . . . but, at least my cheap shot was true.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I believe that after being removed from his church . . . he sold washing machines until he got tired of AG discipline . . . saw that he made more money selling God than appliances . . . needed to put food on the table for his family . . . and started his own church . . .

Then again, I could be entirely wrong . . . this south Texan could be wrong . . . But, I reallllllly doubt it.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You made the claims, it is up to you to "show it"...not me. As the saying goes "...put up, or shut up..." ;)

Your cheap shot was just that...and not true in the least. You showed your true colors.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"You believe" means squat. Source?

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Oh is that it? Lie and then blame those that know better.

You CLAIMED slander - YOU can only claim that if YOU HAVE PROOF.

Show me!

Show me just how good of a man YOUR hagee is . . .

C'mon. You said it . . . I called your bluff.

Put up or shut up.

Either you do not know anything at all and are slanderous, or you are telling the truth . . . which is it?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since you are only interested in vitriol, I will repeat what I stated initially...
    I'm awaiting your sources, but until the mean time my comment stands, whether you like it or not. You need to step back into reality (YOUR hagee... :rolleyes: )

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

When I show where you are wrong . . . what can ya' do?

Remove your empty allegations?

Apologize?

What will YOU do to remove the lies that YOU have told?

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:BangHead: Can't do anything until you prove SOMETHING! Try that first, and we'll go from there! Show where I "lied" about anything? :laugh: You are something else!

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I just love it when someone steps up and then says, "But, really - I am not a man."

:BangHead:

If hagee was in cincinatti . . . do ya' think I would be talkin' about YOUR hagee?

Maybe YOU should find prettier poster boys.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What in the world are you talking about? Is the sun a little too hot there in Texas, or something?

Sources? Hello? Still waiting... [JEOPARDY theme]

Try spending some time finding SOMETHING to back your allegations instead of attacking me, ok?

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

IF I had made an allegation of one of your local pastors . . . I could understand your interest.

I am a South Texan.

I know the story of Hagee.

You do not.

There is no need for an allegation on my part.

Stop your slander.

If you would take the time to look up YOUR allegations before lying and saying that I would slander, you would already know the rest of the story.

What does Trinity Church have to do with Cleveland?

Why did hagee leave trinity?

Still waiting. Support YOUR hagee if you can.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I reckon that this is a cultural difference of opinion.

In South Texas, a man would never call another man a slanderer without knowing the slander to be slander. A man would not call another man a liar without knowing the truth.

As a Southerner, had I been so stupid as to call you a slanderous liar, I would have been smart enough to google the subject and maker certain that I was telling the truth.

I reckon that does not hold true where you are at.

I apologize for expecting you to believe in truth.

13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You cannot support your hagee.

Hagee was asked to step down from Trinity Church in San Antonio because of impropriety.

He divorced his wife and married a woman that he had become close to.

He sold appliances (this is from what I have been told).

He decided that he could make more money as a preacher than an appliance salesman . . . and went back into ministry WITHOUT the approval of the AG.

I believe his first wife was Martha. And the woman that most believe led to his leaving his first wife is now his second wife.

The information is out there . . . Houston Chronicle did an article on him about 10 years ago.

Then again, I am from here.

And as few references as there are still out online, I am surprised that this one is still out there: http://www.ondoctrine.com/10giving.htm

The information must be aging out . . .

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Still waiting . . .

You must be busy chasing down and removing all of the allegations that you threw around . . .

15. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Yes, muslims to convert people, but to Islam, not Christianity. Therefore, they are heretical. Hagee wins people to Christ. If he were a heretic, would he be successful in doing that? No, I do not believe a heretic would successfully bring people to Christ. Hagee does. Do you get the difference?

16. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

To quote from Wayne's mentioned article.

John Hagee
    Pastor of the Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, speaker on TBN, and making frequent appearances with Benny Hinn, John Hagee has become a superstar on the Word of Faith circuit. Previously, the pastor of Trinity Church in San Antonio, Texas from 1976 to 1987, he had an adulterous affair that resulted in a divorce from his wife Martha and loss of his two children to her custody. Marrying his adulterous lover, Diana Castro, they started their own family and then, became the heads of the Cornerstone Church.

John Hagee, although supporting strongly the nation of Israel, holds to a strange double standard regarding the salvation of the Jewish people. Stating that they have their own covenant with God, the gospel of Jesus Christ does not apply to them and he does not advocate their evangelization.
    "I believe that every Jewish person who lives in the light of the Torah, which is the word of God, has a relationship with God and will come to redemption."
    "San Antonio Fundamentalist Battles Anti-Semitism," Houston Chronicle, April 30, 1988, sec. 6, pg. 1.

Apparently the apostles, who evangelized their own Jewish nation, were either ignorant or deceived and wasted their time preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to them. The words of the apostle Paul must not mean what he said, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek," Romans 1:16 (NAS).

thjplgvp

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah, because I have nothing better to do than play your childish games. Grow up.

I see you have turned this into attacking me instead of supporting your claims with PROOF. Figures.

18. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

He is a character . . . But, I know that if God will use men like that - God can use men like us. Not being prideful - just honest.

I have found that most of his church members are pretty good people. And I have found that most people that watch him on TV are not near as good as the people that go to his church. I do not know what the difference is . . .

But, what a difficult past for a preacher to get past . . . I had a friend that still resented him . . . I have to wonder if all the fun and money he has had over the last 20+ years was worth what it cost the members of God's family at Trinity Church.

I pray that we do not fail God in that manner.

19. FundamentalOnly!

FundamentalOnly! New Member

El Guero,

Did you read about his 2,000,000.00 Hunting lodge and preserve called the "Rabbis retreat or something to that effect.

Also something about how he made 9,000 an hour in one of his tax free ministrys as an employee.

I was curious about his exact theology since he picks out his sermons for Tv and I am sure that you dont get the whole picture. thanks

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

There is a lot about him . . . it is always amazing to me that there are those that will defend him, but will not share Him with those around them.

Now don't get me wrong, he preaches a very conservative sermon. But, it is his actions and the actions of those that follow him that worry me.

God bless

Wayne
    PS - how about his $1 million plus salary . . .
    I would not mind him tithing to my church plant . . .