1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Kerry's Katrina Aid Finally Arrives

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Well, I went to msnbc and foxnews last night when I read this, and didn't see anything about Kerry going there. If it is so obvious, then why was it found on NewsMax?

That swiftboat upon which Kerry served was in Vietnam, wasn't it?

2. Baptist in Richmond

:confused:
    Why was this written? Are they doubting his sincerity? Are they questioning his motives?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes. And anyone that has taken an objective look at this man's life would too. </font>[/QUOTE]John Kerry actually went to Vietnam, didn't he?

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I went to msnbc and foxnews last night when I read this, and didn't see anything about Kerry going there. If it is so obvious, then why was it found on NewsMax?

</font>[/QUOTE]http://kerry.senate.gov/v3/cfm/home.cfm

Yesterday, I traveled to Louisiana to deliver emergency supplies to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Thanks to generous contributions from many Massachusetts-based and national corporations, a 757-jet was sent full of food, water, children's shoes, toiletries and other emergency items for the people of the Gulf Coast. The jet -- donated by the UPS for the relief flight -- took off from Logan airport and arrived in Lafayette, Louisiana, where the goods were loaded up and distributed to centers in New Iberia (near Lafayette) and Baker (near Baton Rouge). The UPS said the payload of the plane was 48,000 pounds.

I delivered one truckload of supplies to the emergency distribution center in Baker. There I helped distribute the supplies, spent time with the hurricane victims, and assisted workers and volunteers at the center's food bank. I also made a stop at a relief shelter based at the Bethany World Prayer Center, also in Baker. Before traveling back to D.C., I met with Governor Blanco at the Office of Emergency Preparedness in Baton Rouge. I discussed the relief efforts with Governor Blanco and pledged my continued, long-term support to the people of her state and all those in the Gulf Coast affected by this tragedy.

The word "I" is prevalent.
    Not hard to see where Newsmax got their story, is it? [​IMG]

4. Baptist in Richmond

Yesterday, I traveled to Louisiana to deliver emergency supplies to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Thanks to generous contributions from many Massachusetts-based and national corporations, a 757-jet was sent full of food, water, children's shoes, toiletries and other emergency items for the people of the Gulf Coast. The jet -- donated by the UPS for the relief flight -- took off from Logan airport and arrived in Lafayette, Louisiana, where the goods were loaded up and distributed to centers in New Iberia (near Lafayette) and Baker (near Baton Rouge). The UPS said the payload of the plane was 48,000 pounds.

I delivered one truckload of supplies to the emergency distribution center in Baker. There I helped distribute the supplies, spent time with the hurricane victims, and assisted workers and volunteers at the center's food bank. I also made a stop at a relief shelter based at the Bethany World Prayer Center, also in Baker. Before traveling back to D.C., I met with Governor Blanco at the Office of Emergency Preparedness in Baton Rouge. I discussed the relief efforts with Governor Blanco and pledged my continued, long-term support to the people of her state and all those in the Gulf Coast affected by this tragedy.

Not hard to see where Newsmax got their story, is it? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]And yet, I could not find anything in the mainstream media when I read this. If this was an attempt to get attention, he certainly didn't try very hard.

BTW, did John Kerry actually serve in Vietnam? I noticed you didn't answer that question.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Not hard to see where Newsmax got their story, is it? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]BTW, did John Kerry actually serve in Vietnam? I noticed you didn't answer that question.
    </font>[/QUOTE]So did I, Chum. A full 13 months instead of four like Kerry.

You gonna vote for me for President?

6. Baptist in Richmond

So, is that a yes or a no?

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

It's from his journal on his senate website - it's suppose to be about him. Most journals are heavy on the "I"s.

But why do they consider it important enough to report? It seems like a good, but not important, thing he did in his capacity as a private citizen. As a senator, he proposed a package of relief for small businesses (linkie).

What all have Senators Bailey and Cornyn done as private citizens? They are so near to Louisiana that they must have done a lot.

8. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

I imagine they consider it as important to report as shark bites in the Gulf of Mexico in the apparently slow news period prior to 9-11-01.

When you hold an office such as a Congressman or Senatorship, you are no longer that private of a citizen.

And re: Sean Penn and the 40 person rescue? Was that before or after he had to be rescued himself?