1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured John McCain: I gave Russia blackmail dossier on Trump to FBI

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jedi Knight, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that's what he said. If it is true, then that's what he would say. If it is false, then that's what he would say.

All allegations need to be thoroughly investigated. They are all serious. There is a decent chance that some or all of them are not true. But there is also a decent chance that some or all of them are true.

Let the intelligence agencies work on it instead of just going by contradictory allegations.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that this is pretty much all fake stuff some moles in Cia digging up to make him look bad!

3. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our opinions don't matter. We need to know what is true. Let the investigation continue and see if there is anything to it.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    The dossier's existence, if not its contents, had been floating around for many months, well before the election. No one had dumped it, though some (and by some, I mean Mother Jones, which referred to it obliquely, and no one in the "mainstream media") had referred to it until after the election. So you are wrong. Maybe you would like to admit it?

5. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really, you should pay more attention. The information came from a former UK spy, not the CIA. No one has to dig up stuff to make Trump look bad; he does it to himself.

6. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    So now the Russians are allowed to corroborate Trump's statements? I tend to believe Trump (God help me), but I consider corroboration from the Russians tantamount to an endorsement from Satan.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh no an opposition group, hired by both Republicans and Democrats dug it up. Further, much of the so called info has been debunked and the rest has been deemed unreliable by James Clapper. Sorry for your misinformation. So yes the information was dug up to make Trump look bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-intelligence.html?_r=0

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clapper has denounced the whole thing. So what you think of it means little to nothing to me. My concern is your accusations of the poster of the op. When opposition political forces spend great money to hire investigators to go around the world to seek out dirt then I give it little credit. This is pure politics as is McCains motivations. I find it interesting that you rarely post in the politics forum but all of the sudden when it comes to Trump you are all over the place.

9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually he said, "The [intelligence community] has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions."

"Not making any judgment" is a long way from 'denouncing the whole thing,' as you (and Donald Trump) have claimed.

I understand your skepticism. I also look at it with a skeptical eye. I don't think that all of the allegations are true, but they certainly need to be examined carefully.

Now you know his deepest motives?

Let's get back to reality:

IS APPROPRIATE TO TURN IN ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE REGARDING THE POSSIBLE COMPROMISE OF OUR NATION'S LEADERSHIP BY A FOREIGN POWER TO THE APPROPRIATE INVESTIGATIVE AGENCY?

Any answer other than yes throws serious doubt on your patriotism.

If you answer yes, you have made my point - unless you wish to "broaden my mind" with relevant information.

Be a man of courage and answer the question.

Because I seem Christians willing to defend and promote obvious lies in a way that both endangers our nation and destroys our collective witness to the world.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No its not. It is the exact same thing. The claims are unsubstantiated after the FBI looked into it.

I just do not believe that based on your out of character behavior regarding Trump.

And yet you assigned similar motives to the poster of this op.

You are asking the wrong question. It should be how did McCain get the info to begin with. Info the FBI already had. What was his role in obtaining these outlandish and unsubstantiated claims the FBI cannot even prove or substantiate in the least. Why is it the FBI already had this info and some how it also ended up in the hands of McCain?

This is just an emotional response. Honestly the hatred of Trump by you liberals is just run amock.

Yea I am sure that is your concern. Give me a break. :Rolleyes

11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you are avoiding the question.

It has been reported that an investigation was commissioned into Mr. Trump's relationship with Russia - a valid concern based on a number of Trump family statements in the last few years, many of them contradictory. Republicans apparently commissioned it first, then Democrats joined in.

The material has been floating around Washington for months.

Yes, the FBI and other intelligence agencies already had it long before McCain turned it over. If McCain was part of the bunch who commissioned the investigation, I suspect he would have turned it over much sooner.

I don't know. Neither do you. Moreover, the unsubstantiated claims are in the process of being verified or rejected for lack of evidence eventually. Despite your claims, the investigation is still underway.

It's been floating around Washington. He's a lawmaker.

Now let's set that aside - take McCain and your antagonism toward me out of the equation.

As a matter of principle, is it appropriate for any citizen to turn in any information one has regarding the possible compromise of our nation's leadership by a foreign power to the appropriate investigative agency?

I say yes, absolutely.

What do you have the courage to say?

12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk about accusations...

Revmitchell, you recently wrote me that you welcome others pointing out examples of your Inconsistency. Here it is.

#32 Rolfe, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That stiff hs now been pretty much discredited, was from an angry UK spy trying to make Trump look bad, so should not haveevn been run in tenews!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just think that it wa another feeble attempt to discredit Trump befoe swearing in day!

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course it is which is why the dems are now investigating Comey and how he handled the email thing.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure how many ways to say it, I reject your premise. Of course you are here spouting DNC talking points about this info. I don't believe McCain is principled so this is not a matter of principle it is a matter of politics and the RINO's who want to get rid of Trump regardless of what the people want. The only antagonism in this thread is coming from you.

Further there are no claims in this information that are currently being pursued by the FBI. Dems may be trying to go after it but not much more.

17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would not provide investigating agencies any information that came into your possession regarding a person in our nation's leadership (regardless of political party) being compromised by a foreign power. Got it.

In other words, if I'm saying something you don't like, it must be a democratic talking point since there's no way I can gather facts, form ideas, and compose opinions on my own. Right...

People with whom I disagree cannot be principled. Got it.

Right. Go back and review your attacks on my character.

The New York Times reported two days ago that the FBI was still investigating the claims made in the memos, and your claim that Clapper has denounced them appear to be based on what Donald Trump has said, not on what Clapper himself has said - even though you read things into the Clapper quote I have provided.

We'll see what happens with intelligence over the next few weeks.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never happened but if you do believe that then do you also hold that you attacked the character of the poster of the op?

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With that I will give you the last word.

20. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, fine, but I still don't know how exactly this all went down - so some Republican or Democrat politician (don't think it was one as high up as Obama, Jeb says it wasn't him and I believe it) hired this British company called "Orbis Business Intelligence" to get this dossier on Trump, and a guy named Christopher Steele actually complied the report and last year John McCain was doing something up in Canada, and he heard about the existence of the dossier and shortly thereafter, the report landed right in McCain's lap. Juan didn't know what to do with this report, so he forwarded it to the FBI, met with the director for five minutes but in the meantime, some hacker on 4channel claims he wrote the dossier but now that guy has vanished into thin air???

They must not have believed in the more outlandish parts of the file, else they would have used it during the campaign if they were sitting on this by the middle of last year, could have been a bad joke and McCain is not known for his sense of humor.