1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Piper and Romans

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am reading through Piper's sermons on Romans (excellent). I have also read his commentary on 9:1-23 (amazing). Romans is his favorite Biblical book.

Now that he is no longer the preaching pastor at Bethlehem BC, what do you think we could do to spur him to write a complete commentary??? This would be a magnum opus for him since he as interacted so much with this book. His exegetical skills put on display in Justification of God were second to none.

Come on, JP! Write a full commentary (up to the exegetical level that did on 9:1-23) on Romans!!!

2. Herald

Herald New Member

Instead of writing commentaries I believe John Piper will be far more effective as a speaker. Freed from his pastoral responsibilities, he can now address issues that are critical to the health of the Church. I hope he does stay active speaking on such things.

3. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think he could do both. I mean he did both as a pastor. I just think a commentary by Piper would be magnificent.