1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Piper Takes on NT Wright in His...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Oct 3, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Baptist pastor and theologian, Dr. John Piper is taking on bishop of Durham, NT Wright, in his upcoming book: The Future of Justification; it's released date is 23 Oct. 2007, a couple of weeks away. :thumbs:

2. According to NT Wright, we have gotten it wrong on Justification for the last 1500 years. Wow!

#1 TCGreek, Oct 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2007
  2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I am not happy with Tom Wright's ideas on the so called new perspective. I look forward to reading Dr. Piper's new book.

Blessings

following-Him

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I agree. I wonder which Augustine Wright meant when he said, “the discussions of justification in much of the history of the church—certainly since Augustine—got off on the wrong foot, at least in terms of understanding Paul—and they have stayed there ever since”? Augustine of Hippo, or Augustine of Canterbury (597-604), the first Archbishop of Canterbury?