1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured John Piper

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 13, 2013.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If,as you claim,that Christ died for every single individual who has,is and shall live upon earth;why have so many been condemned to Hell. If someone dies as a substitute,in a person's stead,then the sinner is released from their sins. Christ did not die for everyone. christ died for His elect alone:the Church which He purchased with His own blood.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Care to quote any Calvinists who believes that the Lord compels certain ones to be saved?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So...if Christ died for the 'elect' alone, the entire creation groaning in anticipation of redemption is doing so in vain as His death was only for a select few. The sin of one man that brought the curse on ALL of creation has won as the action of God is incapable of reversing the damage.

And we're told we limit God's work and power.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    webdog

WD...which part of these verses shows....A SELECT FEW????
    Genesis 22:17
    That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
    s
    Genesis 32:12
    And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Let me try an analogy you might understand. Suppose I buy a Super Bowl ticket for every single member of BB. I write here and tell every member that I already have a ticket for them for the Super Bowl next year, all they have to do to receive it is PM me their mailing address and I will mail it to them free of charge.

Those who believe me and desire a ticket write me, and I send them their free ticket.

Those who do not believe me, or have no desire to go to the Super Bowl do not write me and therefore do not receive a free ticket.

Did I buy a Super Bowl ticket for each and every member of BB? YES.

Did every person at BB receive a free ticket to the Super Bowl from me? NO.

It is that simple.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Compared to the many that perish, those who don't are considered few. Jesus' words.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While it is sad....that any perish...and Jesus did say that multitudes will perish,

it does not negate the Multitude that no man can number....

and for that matter....the same persons, the same exact number perish in either system...so what are you saying????

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is the same people spoken of in both groups....:wavey:

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is rabbit trailing from my main point. It was not about the number saved or who perish.

9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It must have been a smart rabbit...because it followed Jesus teaching of the Covenant of redemption:thumbs::thumbs:

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which begs the question initially posed to Rippon.

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well I will let Rippon do the heavy lifting on that one...what do you think about the number of the saved being the same,,,in post87,88.....no matter how you view it???

Why not give all the glory to God who saves???

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not interested in chasing rabbits...and when did you stop stealing from your employer?

14. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you suggesting that Street evangelism and open air preaching is ineffective because I do not get results? People with man based Arminian evangelism methods usually conclude that and base their efforts on "results."

15. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So then what is your excuse?