1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John the Baptist

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by StefanM, Jun 27, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Diane asks: Which IS it? Either truth is simple and profound and error is mysterious or "Mystery" is an excellent choice of words to describe the understanding Calvinist have concerning God's will in salvation.

Reading your two remarks, I'd say you're saying mystery/ mysterious is error while truth is simple; ergo Calvinism is error.

2. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Human errors remain a mystery because there is no truth in them to be revealed.

God's truth in a mystery will be revealed to those who understand.

Two totally different mysteries, one is made up of lies the other truth.

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Yep, Prophesynut, it's pure mystery to me why anyone with the ability to think, would believe the Calvinist doctrine. P.T.Barnham was right! There's a sucker born every second! A sucker is one who is gullible to the lies of others!

4. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So if
    "Mystery" is an excellent choice of words to describe the understanding Calvinist have concerning God's will in salvation and if This mystery has been revealed to and accepted by those who know the will of God then why can not ONE of you explain it the same way or explain this great mystery so others, even other Calvinists, can understand it.

You Calvinists (general use of you) use the word MYSTERY everytime you are unable to answer a question and yet wouldn't allow a non Calvinist to use such an enigma!

Prophecynut said: Apparently you are lacking in this understanding because you still are trying to please God with your 1% effort.

Diane replies: Nope! I try to give God 100%.

6. rc

rc New Member

Truth is simple and profound ....

Prophecynut.
    I'm not doubting your mind or your command of conveying thought, but that was a quote wasn't it? Who said it? If it was you, bravo....

Those who never read books, will never be read.
    And those who never quote men will never be quoted. ~ Spurgeon

7. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

I

"why can not ONE of you explain it the same way or explain this great mystery so others, even other Calvinists, can understand it."

I just explained the mystery and you were not able to understand, if there are any Calvinists out there who do not understand please speak up. There may be many different explanations that achieve the same answer. Calvinists understand that God is 100% responsible for their salvation which is the answer of the mystery, it doesn't matter how you arrive at it.

You cannot understand the answer, why? Is it stubbornness, pride or refusal to acknowledge the truth?

You are not depending on God 100% for your salvation because you insist humans have free will to accept Christ. A human decision is works, there is no way around this fact, period.

Are there any Calvinist who don't understand my explanation of the mystery?

8. rc

rc New Member

Nope! I try to give God 100%.

But your theology fails you.

9. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

rc I don't know the original source of the quote, it was given to me by Heart Talker on the Forum: Other Christian Denomination, Topic: The Bride of Christ page 2

Are you a Calvinist? Giving 100% is not the same as accepting 100%

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Here's the whole thing and it was from a webpage. http://www.whatistruth.info/

Jerry's Haven 'n Tell

11. rc

rc New Member

I'm a Paulinian! lol..

That was a quote from Diane not I. I would dare say I have ANYTHING to give to Christ. You are correct in your statement sir.

Post Tenebras Lux

RC