1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Walton on science, religion and the Old Testament

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Deacon, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm reading John Walton's book, "The Lost World of Scripture".

As a person trained in the physical sciences and with a strong biological science background, his book has helped me grasp scriptural concepts and rearrange my worldview in a way that I've never been able to before.

Books on Genesis and its relation to science are quite numerous, almost as many have been written on the topic of biblical inerrancy.
    This book concerns how each of those topics interact and how we can resolve a seeming conflict, in fact what some describe as a war, between the bible and science.

Walton begins this book by affirming biblical inerrancy, concluding his introduction by affirming a summary of the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy (p. 14)

He continues each chapter with a series of 20 propositions regarding how we should approach the Hebrew scriptures.

Listen to John Walton as he briefly describes the problems faced and how they might be resolved.

John Walton on science, religion and the Old Testament [LINK]

The book is not an easy read. As much as I enjoy reading, I've been slowly absorbing and reflecting on each section as I wade through its pages.

But for those of you interested in the topic, this is a must read book.

Rob