1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jon Kitna article in ESPN magazine

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by webdog, Oct 3, 2007.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Anybody read it? Very good article. Since Kitna came to the Lions, 20 Lions (the human variety :)) have come to know the Lord. That's more than 3/4 of the locker room!

Good article...

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

20! Wow, that's great. I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but it has always seemed that there are more Christians in football than in any other major sport. I guess one reason is there are more players on an NFL roster. But even then, the most vocal Christian athletes seem to be NFL players more often than not.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

That is a great thing. I have not read the ESPN article, but I read something a few months back about what a strong believer he was and that he was always talking to people about Christ.

4. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Great read, great guy, having a great season from the quarterback position.

5. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I wonder how many Dieon Sanders and Michael Irvin have led to the Lord.

6. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

It is not my place to judge but you never here about the Christian walk of Sanders. When he first got saved in 1997 it was a huge deal, but other than here and there, we haven't heard much since. I know that doesn't mean he is not strong in the faith but athletes such as Kitna, and coaches such as Dungy are always sharing their faith publicly.

The Lord demands to be first and foremost, not just somewhere in the mix.

7. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Wow, if I had known this I might not have cheered so long and hard every time our Redskins frustrated his efforts this past Sunday. 34-3, hooray!

But indeed it is good to know of someone who both walks and talks according to the faith.