1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jon Voight to ‘Ignorant’ Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz..Hang Your Heads in Shame’.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    " I am heartsick that people like Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem could incite anti-Semitism all over the world and are oblivious to the damage they have caused.

They are obviously ignorant of the whole story of Israel’s birth, when in 1948 the Jewish people were offered by the UN a portion of the land originally set aside for them in 1921 – and the Arab Palestinians were offered the other half.

The Arabs rejected the offer, and the Jews accepted – only to be attacked by five surrounding Arab countries committed to driving them into the sea. The Arabs tried again in 1967 and again in 1973.

Each time, the Jews prevailed, but not without great loss of life. And yet, Israel has always labored for a peaceful relation with its Arab neighbors. It voluntarily returned the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt in return for peace, and gave the Palestinians all of Gaza as a peace gesture.

What was the response? The Palestinians elected Hamas, a terrorist organization, and they immediately began firing thousands of rockets into Israel.

I am asking all my peers who signed that poison letter against Israel to examine their motives. Can you take back the fire of anti-Semitism that is raging all over the world now?

You should hang your heads in shame. You should come forth with deep regrets for what you did – and ask for forgiveness from the suffering people in Israel."

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/163...bardem-penelope-cruz-israel-hang-heads-shame/