1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joomla Mail Issues

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by mnw, Dec 29, 2006.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

Hello one and all. For some reason I have never been able to get the mail function on one of my joomla sites to work. It is for the purpose of registration to use the forum and add general content. I have the general configuration settings almost identical to another joomla site I have where the php mail functions works fine. So, all I can guess is that the problem lies with my joomla install.

Any one available to give some advice?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strangely enough, I had the same problem. Things worked fine; I tweaked some settings, and mail (and some other components) stopped working.

I ended up re-installing Joomla, and everything's hunky-dory.

3. kubel

kubel New Member

Is your sendmail path correct?

4. mnw

mnw New Member

I don't know how to use the sendmail, even though I did give it a try. The PHP settings work fine on the other Joomla site I have.

Even though they are with the same host the sites seem to be using different versions of PHP which I don't understand.

It seems from the Joomla forum this is a common problem. Is it possible to re-install Joomla without losing everything? Would I just upload fresh Joomla files and overwrite everything?

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is; the "glitch" is that in your administrator's window, you have the tabs on the section to the right? You'll have two of each.

6. kubel

kubel New Member

Your other account is probably on another server.

I would backup my joomla directory and database (or just download a backup from your control panel), and then try deleting and reinstalling (using a different database). Then once installation is complete, go into configuration.php and manually change the database, user, and password. And if anything goes wrong, just restore your backup and try again.

Good luck!

7. mnw

mnw New Member

I think for the time I will just live with the inconvinience. I don't especially need people to register, it would have just been a nice extra.

I have a backup component installed, but I am nervous of it going wrong so I'll leave it until I change host in the near future. Eventually I'll need to make the change, so I'll wait until then. :)

Maybe the next update will let it fix itself...

Thanks for the input guys.