1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Josh 6:12-27 devotionals

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by clark thompson, Oct 17, 2015.

1. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 And Joshua rose early in the morning, and the priests took up the ark of the Lord.

Joshua 6:12

Rotherham 12 And Joshua rose early in the morning,—and the priests bare the ark of Yahweh;

These are my thoughts.

We should serve the Lord as soon as we get up and we should not let the day by without doing something with Him.

• Like Like x 2
  2. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

Amen this reminds me of Psalm 63:1- O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee...and also Hebrews 11:6- ...and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

3. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:13King James Version (KJV)

13 And seven priests bearing seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark of theLordwent on continually, and blew with the trumpets: and the armed men went before them; but the rereward came after the ark of theLord, the priests going on, and blowing with the trumpets.

Joshua 6:13

Rotherham13and, the seven priests who bare the seven rams’ horns before the ark of Yahweh, went on and on, and blew with the horns,—with, the armed host going on before them, and, the rear-guard, coming after the ark of Yahweh, going on and blowing with the horns.

These are my thoughts.

Trumpets were used for worship and to announce war this was done for both.

4. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:14 King James Version (KJV)
    14 And the second day they compassed the city once, and returned into the camp: so they did six days.

Joshua 6:14

Rotherham14So they compassed the city on the second day once, and returned into the camp,—thus, did they, six days.

These are my thoughts.

Sometimes the Lord has us repeat things to show that we are devoted to Him.

5. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

• Like Like x 1
  6. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:15King James Version (KJV)
    15 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they rose early about the dawning of the day, and compassed the city after the same manner seven times: only on that day they compassed the city seven times.

Joshua 6:15

Rotherham15And it came to pass, on the seventh day, that they rose early at the uprisings of the dawn, and compassed the city after this manner, seven times,—only on that day they compassed the city seven times.

These are my thoughts.

God wants us to follow Him the long distances and not just stop after a short time or distance.

7. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:16 King James Version (KJV)
    16 And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for theLordhath given you the city.

Joshua 6:16

Rotherham16And it came to pass, at the seventh time—when the priests blew with the horns, then did Joshua say unto the people—Shout, for Yahweh hath delivered unto you the city.

These are my thoughts.

They believed the word of the Lord before He acted, we are to have this type of faith as well.

8. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:17

KJV17And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.

Rotherham17And it shall be, that, as for the city, devoted, shall it be and all that is therein unto Yahweh,—nevertheless, Rahab the harlot, shall live, she and all who are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers whom we sent.

These are my thoughts.

When we serve the Lord, He rewards us.

9. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:18

KJV18And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it.

Rotherham18But, in any wise, do, ye, beware of what is devoted, lest ye should covet, and then take of what is devoted,—and so cause the camp of Israel to be devoted, and bring trouble upon it.

These are my thoughts.

When we take for ourselves something the Lord has told us not to we take at a risk of becoming cursed or without God’s favor.

10. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:19

KJV19But all the silver, and gold, and vessels of brass and iron, are consecrated unto the LORD: they shall come into the treasury of the LORD.

Rotherham19But, as for all silver and gold and vessels of bronze and iron, hallowed, it is to Yahweh,—unto the treasury of Yahweh, shall it come.

These are my thoughts.

When we give something to the Lord it becomes holy.

11. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:20

KJV20So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.

Rotherham20So the people shouted, when the horns were blown,—yea it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the horn, that the people shouted with a great shout, and the wall fell down under it, and the people went up into the city every man straight before him, and so they captured the city.

These are my thoughts.

They listened to God’s word and had faith and things happened, when we have faith things will happen as a result.

12. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:23

KJV23And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel.

Rotherham23So the young men the spies went in and brought out Rahab and her father and her mother and her brethren and all that she had, yea, all her kindred, brought they out,—and set them outside the camp of Israel.

These are my thoughts.

Thru Jesus we are brought out of destruction that the world faces.

13. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:24

KJV24And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD.

Rotherham24But, the city, burned they with fire, and all that was therein,—save only, the silver and the gold and the vessels of bronze and of iron, put they into the treasury of the house of Yahweh.

These are my thoughts.

We have to be willing to give everything we have back to the Lord.

14. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clark, I have a question for you. Why do you, a Baptist, use a bible translation done by a Church of Christ "minister" which perpetuates the error of CoC baptismal regeneration?

15. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:25

KJV25And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

Rotherham25And, Rahab the harlot and the household of her father and all that she had, did Joshua save alive, so she hath dwelt in the midst of Israel until this day,—because she hid the messengers whom Joshua sent to spy out Jericho.

These are my thoughts.

She was saved by her faith which showed thru actions, we are saved by faith in Christ but our faith in Him will have works.

16. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:26

KJV 26 And Joshua adjured them at that time, saying, Cursed be the man before the LORD, that riseth up and buildeth this city Jericho: he shall lay the foundation thereof in his firstborn, and in his youngest son shall he set up the gates of it.

Rotherham 26 And Joshua imposed an oath at that time, saying,—Cursed be the man before Yahweh who shall raise up and build this city—Jericho, At the price of his firstborn, shall he lay its foundation, and, at the price of his youngest, shall he set up its doors.

These are my thoughts.

We don’t want to be cursed but not to accept Christ as Savior means we live under the curse of sin.

17. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 6:27

KJV27So the LORD was with Joshua; and his fame was noised throughout all the country.

Rotherham27And so it was that Yahweh was with Joshua,—and his fame was in all the land.

These are my thoughts.

When the Lord is with us, we maybe known but it is more important we are known by God.