1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judas: Saved or Lost

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bro. Williams, Nov 4, 2007.

1. SeekingHisTruth

SeekingHisTruth New Member

I think the answer to your question depends on what you mean by "saved". I would assume you mean does Judas possess everlasting life and the answer to that question would have to be yes.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Would you please elaborate on that?

3. SeekingHisTruth

Jesus didn't come for the "unsaved." He came for the "lost". Lost is not equated to a non-possessor of everlasting life, but quite the opposite. These were folks that possessed everlasting life, but had left the straight and narrow and had "lost" their way.

He came for the lost "sheep". Sheep are never referred to as people that are going to the lake of fire for all of eternity.

But most importantly one must asked how did a person receive everlasting life prior to the ministry of Jesus, during the ministry of Jesus and after the ministry of Jesus and did this "method" change during His ministry or after His ministry.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Depends on whether he was in the act of adultery, when he hung himself........................:laugh: :laugh: :wavey:

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

*sniff* I smell ME *sniff*

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

They're baaaaa---ack.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

FYI...you might want to read this thread, as I see you are new here...

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1082130&postcount=1

8. SeekingHisTruth

How can you make assumptions about what a person believes based on a couple of posts about whether or not one member of Scripture possessed eternal life or not? Are ME folks the only folks that believe Judas was "saved"?

We can add some depth to this question by asking were any of the 12 disciples "saved" prior to meeting Jesus, and if so how were they "saved".

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

They were all saved except Judas --- the son of Perdition

And they were saved the same way you and I are saved

For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast

The were saved by faith---God counting it unto them for righteousness --- just like He does us!!

10. SeekingHisTruth

Why was Judas unsaved? Where in Scripture are we told that Judas was unsaved? Just because he was "called" the son of perdition doesn't speak to what he believed or didn't believe. Peter was called Satan himself, but no one says Peter was unsaved.

Why is Judas different?

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

One can't really make that assumption fully, but your argument headed in that direction pretty quickly, especially with the "eternal" and "sheep" part of the argument.

Regardless, you COULD remove all doubt by saying you don't believe in Millenial Exclusion/Kingdom Salvation/Whatever You Want To Call It.