1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judas

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bruren777, Jul 28, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

In Matthew 27:5,"So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. He went away and hanged himself". (NIV)

In Acts 1:18, "With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out"(NIV)

Can anyone explain this? Matt 27:5 Judas hung himself after betraying Jesus.

Acts 1:18 Judas fell in a field he bought with money for his evil and his body burst open

Going back to Matthew. Matt. 27:3, Judas betrayed Jesus. Judas returned the thirty silver coins to the chief priests and the elders. 4, "I have sinned," he said, "for I have betrayed innocent blood"

Acts 1:15-17 In those days Peter stood up among the believers(a group numbering about 120) 16 and said,"brothers the Scripture had to be fullfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus- 17 he was one of our number and shared in this ministry".

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

The notes to the NIV say that the purchase of the field was "indirect" and that it was a "Potter's field." It says that he hung himself, and when the body decayed, it fell and burst.

I don't see any difference in "returning the money" and in "throwing it into the temple."

And Peter was right. Judas had shared in the ministry of Christ - until he betrayed Christ.