1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge Roy Moore for Governor of Alabama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dale-c, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I just finished Roy Moore's book, So help me God.

He is now running for Governor and the primaries are in a couple of weeks.

We should all keep that campaign in prayer!

It is rare to have such a Godly man with a chance to win a high office.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I lived in Alabama I would vote for Loretta Nall, the Libertarian Party candidate, for governor.

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Riley will do just fine.

Nall would try to legalize drugs among other things. I can't see how that would help us progress. :rolleyes:

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

A governor should have respect for the rule of law. Moore has demonstrated he has no respect for the law.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Less government intrusion in the personal lives regarding the conduct of consenting adults.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Mr. Moore has absolutely no chance. He trails Riley in most polls by 30-45%.

Had the election been the year following Riley's endorsement of a $1.2 billion dollar tax hike, he would have been elected.

But, things have calmed down, AL's economy is super, and Riley handled the hurricane crises very well, in most folks' view.

I don't even think he'll be challenged by the democratic opponent.

8. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I find you post highly offensive on a Christian website.

What LAW did Judge Moore break??

It is amazing that Christians will side with humanist judges against a truly Godly man that stands up for the sovereignty of the Almighty God.

The federal order was unlawful and thus it was Judge Moore that was obeying the law and the federal Judge who disobeyed the law.

If you had lived in germany during world war II, you would have killed the jews and others in the camps if you were told to.

9. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

My first reaction is to get rather angry at Christians that don't support Judge Moore but I suppose many are honestly mistaken. They say that it is possible for a man to be honestly mistaken but when the truth is revealed, he either ceased to be mistaken, or he ceases to be honest!

My only regret is that I do not live in Alabam to vote for him.

PLease see this to let him give his side of the story.

http://theamericanview.com/index.php?id=167

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure how you stand up for the sovereignty of God. He is sovereign whether anyone stands up for it or not. A state judge's disobeying a federal court order neither enhances nor diminishes the sovereignty of God but does diminish the judge's stature in being able to uphold the rule of law.

Moore, being a judge, certainly must have understood the consequences of disobeying a court order. (I'm sure he wouldn't put up with someone disobeying one of his court orders, after all, no matter the reason.) And it was his fellow judges who decided, based upon his actions, that he was no longer fit to be chief justice.

It is a commonplace that the first person to make comparisons with the Nazis in an Internet debate loses by default.

No one was asking Moore to kill anyone. To try to draw a parallel between outright murder and a debatable constitutional issue is disingenous at best.

We have heard Moore's arguments. I've read the court opinions.

Moore wanted a fight and he got it; he just didn't like the way it turned out. He is a one-trick pony and has been ever since he ran for office. It might or not be nice for a judge to post the Ten Commandments in his courtroom, but it does not qualify him for office.

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I agree that Gos is sovereign and is not dependent on fallen man to keep him so. However, let us clarify something, did he defy a law, or did he defy a court decision?
    There is a huge differnce there.

It is a very serious thing to defy a court order and he did not take that lightly but sometimes it HAS to be done.

Amazing how our sin never seems as bad as those of others.

Also, consider this:

Here is what Judge Moore was standing for:

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
    3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
    4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
    6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
    7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Here is what any resistors in Germany would have been standing for:

13 Thou shalt not kill.

Both are important, but which would you say is more important?

12. Magnetic Poles

Moore forgot about the graven images thing. His monument WAS a graven image.

13. Magnetic Poles

I find you(sic) post highly offensive on a Christian website.

What LAW did Judge Moore break??

It is amazing that Christians will side with humanist judges against a truly Godly man that stands up for the sovereignty of the Almighty God.

The federal order was unlawful and thus it was Judge Moore that was obeying the law and the federal Judge who disobeyed the law.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The federal judge was a superior court to Moore's. Moore failed to follow this ruling. He cannot pick and choose. He is not a godly man, as a godly man would not break the law. Moore got his day in court, he didn't care for the outcome.

BZZZZZ! You lose!

14. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

MP that isnt against the law. If it were all of DC would have to be dismantled. And the stuff in your local park, museums, and cemetaries.

15. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

16. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    "In partial fulfillment of his duties of office he placed a monument memorializing the moral foundations of American law in the rotunda of the Alabama Judicial Building."

But Moore had no positive duty to erect a monument. He could easily have upheld his duties, as outlined in the state constitution, without setting up the monument. It was the pony he wanted to ride.

Pretending that Moore had a duty to enforce the Ten Commandments is ludicrous. After all, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" is part of the Ten Commandments, and no one in his right mind imagines that the Alabama Supreme Court has a right, much less a duty, to see that particular clause is enforced as the law of the land.

The mantra that "courts cannot make law" sounds nice, but it has never been true. English common law is nothing but a tradition of judge-created law. Precedent is not supreme, but it often has been controlling, at least for a time.

Feel free to oppose or disobey court orders. That is your right; but expect to pay the penalty. And doing so does not necessarily make you fit for any political office.

17. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you believe you should support abortion?

18. Magnetic Poles

Like I've said before, there is always someone ready to turn any thread into an abortion thread. Please don't derail.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

That us where my absentee vote will be going.

Other than refusing to obey a court order, at the same time as he would have expected others to obey his decisions, what qualifications does Judge Moore have to be governor?

20. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Has anyone here even read his book?

Ec 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Pr 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Part of the job of Chief Justice is to decorate the building.
    it was HIS authority to decorate it as he though best, as long as it did not violate his oath which was to the constitutions of the state of Alabama and the US.

If I came in and told someone else how to decorate their house, I would have no authority.

gb93433 was not trying to derail the topic but rather force people to be consistant!
    By your logic, all judges must protect killers of the unborn because that is what the supreme court has ruled and sine most people on here seem to think that judges make law and are gods I guess, then you have to obey that.

Quite the contrary, it was Judge Moore who respected the LAW over the unLAWful order of a federal judge.

Let's see...he has a better grasp of biblical law and government than almost anyone I have ever known.

Read his book, you will be amazed what you will learn about him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.