1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judges get paid too much!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Jan 1, 2007.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Judges get paid too much!

Federal judges are complaining that they should get paid more.

Well, since they are not supporting the rights of the innocent, I think they get paid more than enough (at more than 3 times the national median wage).

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/01/01/judges.pay.ap/index.html

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Hey Wayne,

Don't forget, CEO's are making substantially more money, and their role in the whole scheme of things pales in comparison to our judicial system. The same goes for athletes and performers.

Regards, hope your Christmas and New Year were as great as mine,
    BiR (P4U)

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

They traded the opportunity to earn whatever the market would bear for the security of a lifetime job with all the perks that come with the job.

Not many people have that kind of security.

It's a fair trade.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

We definitely agree on their motivation. I think we might agree on their letting defenseless babies be aborted as being morally inexcusable.

5. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

These judges are among the top legal minds in the country. They could p-robably get twice as much working for a private law firm. They deserve everything we pay them and more. Remember, you get what you pay for.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Your pastor is proud of you and your choice to pay him based upon the impact (Paul said double pay) that he makes on eternity . . .

You do get what you pay for.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it's big money they want, then let them be CEO's, athletes, or performers, and have the contempt many (including myself) have for them and their ridiculous salaries and extras. If it's power they lust after, they have it as judges; we have a dictatorship of the judicial branch of government because that is the branch which tells the other 2, and itself, what its powers are.