1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judgment Seat of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DeafPosttrib, Aug 31, 2007.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I decide to start new topic at 'Other Christian Denominations' area rather than at Baptist Theology. I have read posts 'Why can a Christian can suffer loss at JSOC'.

I have seen many twist interpretings on scriptures.

First of all, we all realize that we ALL MUST stand before the judgment seat of Christ. No one shall escape from it. No question, everyone of us at baptistboard are agree that we all must stand before the judgment day.

We already aware of several of members who are ME recently banned from baptistboard.

I have to be careful with this, and my purpose is not deceive Christians or to confusing them with the doctrines. My purpose is to show you the truth from the Bible with love. I am not your enemy. I want all of you to know the truth make you free from what? Going to hell.

When I was young Christian back in early 1990's. I have thoughts about what will happen to a Christian who will suffer loss at the judgment day. I used to believe that a Christian shall loss reward at the judgment seat of Christ, and will be punish being grounded somewhere outside of heaven(NOT in hell), during 1000 years(during in my time, I was premill). My belief doesn't make me looks hersey.

I was not alone person what I believe about Christian loss at the judgment day. Also, there are many Christians include baptists believe the same thing. I did talked to my ex-deaf baptist pastor(I rather not given his name) about judgment seat of Christ. He told me, he believed if a Christian suffer loss at the judgment seat of Christ will not reign with Christ 1000 years on earth, will be punished being grounded somewhere outside of heaven(NOT in hell).

You should be aware that many baptists have different views, opinions what will be happen to a Christian at the judgment seat of Christ. The basic thing that almost every Baptists agree that any Christian shall lose reward. But, most baptists believe a Christian shall lose reward, but, not lose salvation.

Second, most baptists who hold dispensationalism teachings, believe judgment seat of Christ is for Christians only. Judgment Seat of Christ is separated from Great White throne. All baptists believe 'Great White Throne' is for unsaved only.

I was one of them before.

I used to believe Judgment Seat of Christ is for Christians only, and Great White Throne is for unsaved only.

Now, I believe both judgment seat of Christ and great white throne are synonmous. Because, the Bible teaching us there is only one future judgment day which shall be follow at the coming of Christ at the end of the age.

Dispensationalism teaching there are two or three different judgment days. It make dispensationalism looks complex and difficult.

All dispensationalists are premill. Premill means believe future literal 1000 years reign on earth follow after second coming.

I used to believe in premill before. Now, I am amill, means we are now realized millennial.

Other time I will explaining on millennial. But, you can read mine topic - "Millennial" at Baptist Theology.

Dispensationalism teaching there are different plans of salvations for people in different ages.

The Bible teaching us there is the only one plan of salvation from the beginning to the end, nothing change.

I respect millennial exclusionists believe that Christians should be fear and obey Lord with serving.

Several areas that I do agree with ME about the judgment seat of Christ. They believe a Christian shall suffer loss and shall be cast away into the fire. I agree with ME saying of Matt. 25:30 warns that a unfaithful servant shall be cast away into the fire.

But, ME saying it is a temporary. Temporary? Bible doesn't saying it.

I have seen many debates between ME and non-ME at 'Baptist Theology' area lately. The reason is, their debates mostly are focus on salvation issue, it called, 'Soteriology'(doctrine of salvation).

I have seen so many problems and holes within baptist's doctrine on salvation.

First of all, both ME and non-ME believe in unconditional security salvation same as OSAS. Almost all baptists believe in OSAS across America today.

I want to tell you that, both ME and non-ME are wrong on salvation doctrine and their belief of judgment seat of Christ.

Early in my Christian life, my beliefs were wrong because of what I learned from baptist doctrine as I was brought to baptist church. Even I was a student at baptist college, I did graduated there in 1999.

First, my belief as baptist, I used to believe in unconditional security salvation doctrine, because of what I learned from baptists. I thought they are teaching the truths from the Bible. Also, I notice word, 'fundamental', in my mind, it means strong foundation 100% support base upon God's Word only. Also, I was brought to KJV Onlyism baptist church. Many baptists claim, "I am a Bible believer", because they always use KJV. Even, I often said, "I am a Bible believer", because I use KJV. Today, I am no longer myself as 'KJV Onlyism'. But, I still support KJV 100%, doesn't mean that I am against NIV, NKJV, etc. Let you know, many versions like, NIV, NKJV do have the truth and doctrines same as in KJV. Even, in NIV have the same doctrine of salvation as in KJV. You notice that, every posts I made, I always quoted from KJV.

Second, I used to believe in pretrib rapture.

In 1992, I was no longer myself pretrib, I became pre-wrath rapture. Till in year 2000, I became posttrib. Also, at the same time, I became pan-mill(half premill & half amill) for a short time. Then, in 2001, I became amill completed.

And finally, in 2002, I was no longer myself securist, I realized there are so many conditional passages with salvation in Bible. I determined to follow the Bible 100%.

I haven't yet start to introduction on Judgment Seat of Christ. It is still only beginning, as I introduce about my testimony of my belief history.

I better make another post to continue discuss on this topic.

To be continued...

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen! .

2. standingfirminChrist

The Judgment Seat of Christ and the Great White Throne Judgment are indeed two different Judgments. Scripture clearly shows they take place a thousand years apart.

Blows the one judgment out of the water.

The Judgment Seat of Christ is for believers only. Read the letter to the Corinthians written by Paul. The letter was to the saints, not the saints and unsaved.

Verses 4 through 9 in 1 Corinthians 1 clearly show that the Child of God's salvation is secure. He cannot lose it, for Christ will confirm him to the end and present him blameless before the Father.

The Child of God will never be cast out of the Kingdom.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am absolutely pre-mill and the JSOC is not the same event as the GWTJ -- however the author of this thread DPT is absolutely right about one thing in the 2Cor 5 statement on the judgment seat of Christ -- there is only ONE reward for evil deeds and that is the Lake of Fire it is not "LESS heaven" or "Less millennium".

Paul says in Romans 6 "the wages of sin is DEATH" not "less millennium" or "less heaven" because you do not get "heaven at all" if you come up short in the JSOC - you get the Lake of Fire. (And by that I do NOt mean "purgatory then heaven")

in Christ,

Bob

4. standingfirminChrist

So you are saying Paul waiting to be cast into the lake of fire? Paul said 'the evil that I would not, that I do.'

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul did not say "I am waiting to be cast into the lake of fire" and there is no way to spin the fact that Paul says the "wages of sin is death" into meaning that all the saints "go to hell".

RATHER Paul is arguing in 2Cor 5 the SAME as He did in Romans 6 and in Romans 2 which is that the FUTURE judgment of God is based on the Rom 2:10-13 principle regarding the "deeds done in the body" just as 2Cor 10 confirms. Paul shows explicitly in Roman 2 that this is NOT a case of "less candy vs more candy in heaven" -- though many try to invent a new "candy gospel" when they get 2Cor 5:10 AS IF Paul forgot about the book of Romans!!

Why in the world would anyone think that "Paul changed his mind" on his teaching regarding FUTURE judgment (in Romans 2 and 2Cor 5) that he said "is according to my gospel"??

(And of course I say all this to emphasize the point - not because I think you are doing anything wrong sir.)

in Christ,

Bob

#5 BobRyan, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007