1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judgment?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by th1bill, Dec 5, 2012.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mat 7:1 "Do not judge so tha t you will not be judged.
    Mat 7:2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
    Mat 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
    Mat 7:4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?
    Mat 7:5 "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
    Mat 7:6 "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Recently, I have posted and I have read messages attempting to call people to act in a manner becoming their, professed calling when relating to the continuing release of information and evidence in the Florida Case of the Accused George Zimmerman for the, alleged, murder of Trevon Martin.

Posting such calls on Christian Web Forums is a risky endeavor, these days. These posts by myself and an assortment of other teachers are, generally, in reaction to what I have termed Neo-Nazi and KKK like posts. The saddest note here is that these come from both White and people of Color. Having grown up as White Trash because much of my childhood was accomplished in the Wards of Houston where I played and ran the streets with other kids of a different shade of skin, I understand the ire raised when statements like, “Some of my best friends are black,” are fielded and the people hating the half breed, George, are, in effect, saying just that.

These are, often, the same folks that claim the name of Christ as their own and then, without, even, a trial, call for the death of George Zimmerman. I will be the first to admit that I was home in Texas when the whole incident transpired and have therefore deferred a final resolution of the matter into the hands of those allotted and assigned for the purpose. I, just cannot find myself pulling the trigger on the remaining young man.

I spent several years in the Glory Bound Prison Ministry here in SE Texas and the one thing every man and woman on the inside knew about me was the major difference between me and them is, they were caught! For this reason the paragraph of scripture at the head of this post has great meaning to me, God forgave a very sinful man when He administered Grace to Bill Taylor and I am forever blessed.

So, in summary, there is a question I do not need the answer to but you need to answer it for yourself, “Are you better than George Zimmerman and I?” And remember, your Heavenly Father and your LORD already know the answer.