1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judicial Forgiveness and Parental...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Sep 4, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I found the following helpful in understanding certain texts in Scripture:

a. We must recognize the judicial forgiveness of God, which deals with the penalty of our sins, and our standing before God (Rom 3:21-26).

b. Then we have to the parental forgiveness of God, which deals with the consequences of our sins and state of our sanctification but does not undo our judicial standing before God (Heb 12:5-10).

2. We who are parents should have no problem accepting this distinction.

2. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

I have never seen those terms used in quite that way, but I LIKE IT!

It conveys the truth clearly. I have frequently spoken of the same ideas in terms of "relationship" and "fellowship". The terms "judicial" and "parental" help see the distinction in another light, one that is totally consistent with the whole of Scripture, IMHO.

I also like to use 1Cor 11:30-34 to point out the distinction between judgement and chastening. To understand this, one needs to note the distinction between the judgement (chastening) upon believers as opposed to the judgement (damnation) upon the world. It also helps to note the difference between krino, krima, and katakrima.