1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JUNK

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by preacher, Jan 7, 2006.

1. preacher

preacher New Member

Thats what I got!!!Junk....but wait! I spent more than Two Whole Dollars!
    We were in the thrift store today & I saw an IBM 300GL. Asked the lady how much, she said "couple bucks", & she threw in a shredder for another buck. Now how could I pass that up?
    Now to the house & down to business. Lets see...can't hook my monitor to it, wrong type of plug. GET OUT THE SCREWDRIVERS!! Off comes the cover, & I'm in puter heaven!
    4 hours later I've learned that I have a 200Mhz processor, 2 16Mb ram boards, & A WD 2.5 Gb hard drive, but HEY,I had fun tearin it apart!!
    Oh in the process I have an extra CD Player, floppy drive, another 56K flex modem with fax capibilities, a Yamaha Sound board, All for 2 dollars!!

NOW...Where is that shedder??? (YEAH, it don't work either...but wait, I'm gonna let BH show it how!!)

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] Man after me own heart I gotta say! I've got couple drawers full of spare parts plus a puter on the shelf just in case I need more.

My son parted out a hard drive and some other stuff, mounted the parts on black velvet and framed them to sell. Sold a few on Ebay. Recycle those junk puters to your living room wall! :eek:

3. preacher

preacher New Member

Hey! Gotta let BH work on more stuff! I took the shredder apart, cleaned it out, & saw the problem was a broke wire. Tomorrow the solder iron comes out & we'll have a nice little document tearer upper!! Now if I can just find some documents....hmnnn ....wonder what it'll do to a floppy?? :rolleyes: [​IMG]

4. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just take some of those bills that come monthly and as it goes in, say "Whoooooops!" :D

5. preacher

preacher New Member

Hey!!! Hadn't thought of that, seems only fair...as much of my money that gets shredded through them!!!

6. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I love a guy who makes things work.

I'm not willing to throw stuff away I can make work. Just ask my son who rides our lawn mower with the bagger attachment held on with two C-clamps.

7. preacher

preacher New Member

What gets me is my wife is better than me...I can understand some technical stuff, her...na! But she can tear into just about anything & fix it, she can't explain cept ...well I took that thing out & had this piece here I tried, & after I wired it to the other gizmo there in the corner it worked!!!
    She took a Briggs/Stratton 18Hp twin that had laid in this guys back yard, sunk into the ground, all rusted up, spent a couple days tearin' it apart & putting it back together(with some parts off an old one we already had that threw a rod) & got it running!!! I told the Lord Thank You for giving me a fix-it WOMAN!!

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hopefully that C-clamp will not come loose and get into the blade only to be thrown out like a missle.

9. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I have a bunch of "stuff" in my garage, which has been there for 5+ years, beause I might use it someday.

My wife will ask me if I'm ever going to use it, I say maybe some day.

When I do dig out a relic that I don't want, I put it out by the road and put a sign by it with free on it. It is always taken that day. A few years ago I bought a new lawn seeder and I put the old one out by the road. It sat out there for two days and nights, no one took it. I put a sign on it: "free seeder", within a half hour it was gone.

[​IMG] :D

10. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I have a bunch of "stuff" in my garage, which has been there for 5+ years, beause I might use it someday.

"My wife will ask me if I'm ever going to use it, I say maybe some day."

Me 2!

Finally started giving stuff away couple years ago, first item that went was a small lamp to my daughter.

Tomorrow I need to go to WalMart and get a lamp :rolleyes: