1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Jury finds Zimmerman not guilty

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Al Sharpton is discriminating against the judicial System and should respect the verdict.

#21 Jedi Knight, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The difference with the baby is there was an immediate arrest and charges filed.

Why would there be an immediate outcry of injustice when someone is on a public street, gets shot to death, and somebody is charged and everyone understands why?

There was an immediate outcry in the Zimmerman case because someone was on the street, got shot to death, and nobody was charged and nobody understood why not.

Race? How about the pharmacist in Oklahoma who shot and killed a robber and is rotting in jail? The shooter is white, the robber was black.

Is it really about race, or about who has the money to find the right loopholes? Whether guilty or in self-defense, wrong or right, I think it doesn't matter. The money you have to invest in connected people is what determines what the courts will eventually say. You can be innocent and get a guilty verdict if you can't afford otherwise, or guilty and get an innocent verdict.

That's the difference, imo. Race may be a factor in who initially gets the finger pointed at them, but once in the court system, it's all about the money.

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Where is the ACLU to stand up for this guy? I see them all the time crying discrimination for Hispanics but they seem to throw him under the bus because he was tagged as a "White Hispanic"! Where are they now?

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, my answer to that one is: I saw the video on that one. If memory serves correctly, and I'm not saying it does, I was on the side of the pharmacist -- until he went and got another pistol and then proceeded to shoot the kid some more.

No argument there.

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    so you're saying the jury was bought ?
    because if it were about money being spent on the litigation, considering the Martin family was poor, I don't buy that, at all.
    if I go along with that, I'll have to come to the conclusion that the Martin family was thrown under the bus by the very people who first played the race card for their own benefits.
    Obummer who made sure he was endeared to the liberal community and the blacks and other minorities for his own political purposes.
    NBC who edited the 911 call to make it appear Zimmermann was motivated by racism.
    The 'reverend' Al Sharpton whose motivations are obvious.
    The new Black Panthers who demand that white babies be murdered
    The various actors and actresses and celebrities who shot their big mouths and stoked the racism thing.
    Because each and every one of these people could've started a big fund for the prosecution of Zimmermann and kept that fund growing and going.
    I don't know if they put their money where their mouths are, but going by what you said, that it was all about money, it looks like they didn't.

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is sad is that Trayvon's parents themselves said this was not about racism and requested that race be left out of this, and these racist activist like Sharpton and Jackson are totally disrespecting Trayvon's parents and dishonoring their son.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

On the contrary, anyone who looked at the facts being reported by the media initially with and unjaundiced eye understood perfectly well why no one was charged. It was self-defense, just like the jury of six women -- four of them minorities themselves -- stated by their verdict.

Now you've got that idiot racist A-G, Eric Holder, threatening Zimmerman with a civil rights action. That's an insult to the judicial process, as the FBI has already investigated and found there was no racial overtone to Martin's death, that he in fact was the original aggressor, attacking Zimmerman with the sidewalk, which is a very legitimate offensive weapon. He even told Zimmerman "you're gonna die tonight!"

Those who don't want to accept the facts (and that apparently includes the Great Pretender and his stooge of an A-G) -- that Martin was a two-bit pot-smoking punk-a** gangsta wannabe who attacked Zimmerman simply because he didn't like the looks or actions of a man who had a legitimate interest as a resident of the neighborhood in determining what Martin was up to -- those people won't listen to anyone, apparently not even to a jury that said Zimmerman didn't do anything illegal.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No, I don't think the jury was bought. I think Zimmerman ended up being able to afford an amazing defense attorney with great connections. That means a lot.
    Take Zimmerman out of this for a second, in order to give me a second to say this: I just got done seeing someone I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt was guilty of very horrible offenses walk free because he had a high profile lawyer. I've seen it happen more than once. He was sickeningly guilty, and now someone else who is guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt has the same lawyer and I'm just waiting on how this one will play out.
    Watch the news, live long enough, get involved in enough causes, and you'll see innocent people without money plead down on ridiculous charges or get bullied into them because they don't have the money to fight with a decent lawyer, so they're branded as criminals for life when they're not guilty, due to ridiculous allegations or someone needing to solve a problem in the community and pin it on someone due to pressure within the system to get the papers off the desk.

It happens.

It's just how it works. Lawyers who win tons of cases generally don't win them because they're the most brilliant minded. They may be very intelligent, but they also have sway with people who can help them to a degree.

Just out of curiosity, since you brought it up, what would make you think they wouldn't do that? I'm not saying they did, just wondering what makes you think it couldn't be exactly what happened? In situations like this, I tend to question everything. :)