1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just a Book

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by amen_corner, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Well, there was a first hand view of KJVO-ism.

2. Archangel7

Archangel7 New Member

Not at all. I wonder if he was an atheist... they believe that the Bible is "just a book." [​IMG]

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Precepts, I may not be a very experienced preacher myself, but I know grand-standing when I see it.

Please everyone, type a little slower - and think it through before you hit the "add reply" button.

I've got a different experience myself about the versions issue. When I first starting preaching at the church I'm at now, all the people asked me which version I was reading from. I told them it was the New International Version. Many of them remarked that it just read so much easier, and went to get their own, so they could follow along with me.

This group was predominantly King James (preferred), but only for lack of exposure to anything else.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Obviously,you don't know the difference between a seminary and a cemetary. A seminary promotes learning. Sets the "minister" on fire with the Word of God, promotes liberty in exposition, incites holy unction, causes one to plead for the holy annointing to preach with power. ou should really know the difference, tiny, but instead you detract it all back to making slanderous remarks and the rest of your hogwash.

I can hear men like Brother James Jones who get "excited" a little, or I can hear men like Dr. Phil Kidd who gets real excited, and other preachers too. I know the difference between unction and "function", the "f"unction fails with a big "F" because it only reaches the mind as it tickles the ear. True unction comes from God filling the preacher and helping what was birthed in his heart to reach the heart of men. Just give me that Book! Don't bother with the little bedtime stories and try to give a SS lesson, PREACH!

5. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Trotter:"It is one thing to say something about the content of the sermon, to call into question the application or passage used, but it is another to totally disregard the sermon because you did not use the translation of HIS choice. No man has the right to do so, but I have discovered that Christians are much more cruel than unbelievers in this respect.

"You are wasting your time and energy trying to get an answer out of Precepts. All he can see are shades of KJVOnlyism, so don't bother."

Thanks for the confession, Brother, but remember, "Tread softly"

6. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Who said I was trying to discourage anyone, BROTHER? All I've heard so far is him pat himself on the back and yall run to pat him on the back [slurs removed]

[ March 07, 2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

7. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

So are you now admitting to being a KJVO?

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

For someone to call the Bible just a book indicates that either they are unregenerate or exceptionally deceived by the modern liberalism rampant in KJVO or modern theology.

9. amen_corner

amen_corner New Member

Precepts,

1st, did I really come off as patting myself on the back??? If that is true, then you come off as invincibly ignorant.

This event was the first time in my life that I was ever confronted with this idea, that the version of the Bible preached from mattered as to whether or not a man preached, or just presented a "SS lesson" as you say. I'm not trying to goad anybody. This man was my dear friend and we enjoyed great fellowship until his unexpected homegoing.

But, since you lack the ability to give a simple yes or no answer, I'll make it easier for you. Forget about that sermon...let's say I'm teaching a SS class, and I use the NKJV. Would that count as a lesson? In fact, you give me your outline and comments, and I'll teach what you would teach, only I'll use the NKJV. Would that count?

Now, don't freak out and start accusing me of using another man's ideas, why don't I do my own stuff, blah blah blah. Just a simple yes or no will do. In fact, I would be blessed if you only responded with one word...yes or no. Simple enough?

10. Orvie

Orvie New Member

Who said I was trying to discourage anyone, BROTHER? All I've heard so far is him pat himself on the back and yall run to pat him on the back too in his effort to defame another KJVO. I asked him to give us his message and all I see is the same ol'hogwash yall keep spewing out your blow-holes. None of us were there, all we have heard is how proud he is that he gave his sermon out of the nkjv.

I'll just have to write it all off as just another warthog's attempt to find more truffles unless he gives more than offered: further defamation of KJVO's,further defamation of KJVO's,
    further defamation of KJVO's,further defamation of KJVO's,further defamation of KJVO's,further defamation of KJVO's,further defamation of KJVO's
    </font>[/QUOTE]Blah, blah, blah, blah, and even more blah. Thanx, Precepts for my daily laugh [​IMG] and while about 30 people tell you one thing, and in your supreme pride and arrogance from Pickle worship. [​IMG]
    Moses: "All reliable BV's including KJV"
    Aaron: "Danced around the golden pickle"
    N E H U S H T A N :eek:

11. Precepts

Precepts New Member

And who will read these as slurrs and deleted them? Not anyone who promotes mv's and the idolized worship of the KJVO label. :rolleyes:

12. Precepts

Precepts New Member

[attack removed]

[ March 08, 2004, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen-Corner, if you read the other threads, you'll see that when some KJVO denounces another version, he/she cannot tell us BY WHOSE AUTHORITY he/she does the denouncing. Their theory is hollow, lacking in Scriptural or historical support, and is therefore a myth.

As a preacher, you know your message isn't gonna reach the hearts of everyone who hears it, and when people are more concerned with what BV is used more than the content of the message, that's THEIR, fault, not yours. I encourage you to continue to preach from the version(s) you feel necessary to preach any given message from. After all, your authority and ability to preach is from GOD, and it's HE to whom you answer.

Wanna see a KJVO squirm? Just ask him/her BY WHOSE AUTHORITY they promulgate their KJVO doctrine, and to please provide PROOF, or otherwise you're dismissing him/her as a phony.

14. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Our Authority is the One Who Inspired the AV 1611 KJB to the English Speaking People.

I have yet to hear the man's sermon. All I see is that he has dug something up from three years ago and posted it in this forum and laid his "friend" to the open market to be attacked on the BB.

I'll take amen_corner's word that he preached just as he said he did, but then I am only left with what I just showed you.

Will this post also be removed?

15. Orvie

Orvie New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] The 1611 Inspired? [​IMG] Hey Precepts where'd the jots and tittles go when the 1769 came about? Did God drop the ball? where O where are they? [​IMG]

16. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is offensive to this KJV-P.

I have seen many saved by that "rusty sword," "stale bread," and that "golden pickle." Orvie, you have stepped out of bounds. Repent.

Jason

17. Orvie

Orvie New Member

This is offensive to this KJV-P.

I have seen many saved by that "rusty sword," "stale bread," and that "golden pickle." Orvie, you have stepped out of bounds. Repent.

Jason
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'll rephrase if you deem it's needed...frankly I'm answering Mr Pre in kind...I use the term rusty sword b/c for the modern reader it's old English just doesn't "cut it"..."stale bread" b/c for the modern reader..well, it's not fresh...and as far as "golden pickle" that was answering Pre's silly parallel used elsewhere...The KJV is no "pickle", but some have went beyong preservation of God's Word into pickling it in English only in the KJV. If you are offended I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

18. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please provide chapter and verse to prove this or else acknowledge that you have presumptively spoken where God remained silent.

19. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Now you try to silence God. "In the beginning, God..." all the way the last "A-men!"

20. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Orvie,

So you do admit that you believe the KJV is a "rusty sword," unsuitable for the modern reader, and "stale bread," because for the modern reader it is not fresh.

Everybody,

Mark it. This would be a confirmed attack on the KJV itself. The attack has moved away from the extreme KJVO position to the KJV as I always thought it would.

Jason