1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Just Another Cop and Black Individual Incident ....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To those attacking me ....

That is my right. You are nothing but bullies ganging up on me. So don't criticize me for swinging back. That is my right. We can debate the topic; or sling mud. It is your choice. But frankly speaking ... I have had enough of you all pushing me and thinking I should not say anything to you. So keep it up. You all have derailed this thread, and that is a shame

#41 righteousdude2, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
  2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, and when she chose instead to rant about her right, the officer did what was according to his training. he handcuffed her.

Because she thinks belonging to a minority group entitles her to refuse a valid request and there's nothing nobody can do about it. She's 'entitled' to deferential treatment. She's one of this country's 'sacred cows', and the officer is picking on her because she's black. read the article, and read her statements, thoroughly, as well as those of her boyfriend.

Am I confused ? Then how is handing over to the officer an ID going to negate her right ? How is it not choosing to not exercise her right because it is in compliance with society's goal on peace and order to be enforced by a duly sworn police officer not the same as your choosing not to exercise your right in church because it is an act pleasing to Christ ?

Ha ! I bet you would.

A brother in Christ, eh ? yeah, right.

As a citizen of this country, first, and as a Christian, second, I am now challenging Miss Watts' insistence not to produce an identification when politely requested on the basis that there are laws in California that makes it legal and within constitutional bounds for a peace officer to ask for identification when he feels the situation so warrants.
    How is that different from your "why your free speech has to go against what Scripture speaks against?

And I like to think, in a larger scale, that the laws of this country, and the agents that are to enforce that law, are there to keep us in adherence to society's goal of peace and order.
    And until it is proven that those who lay their lives on the line 24 hours a day for the law-abiding citizens of this country have overstepped their boundaries, everyone ought to render due respect to them when they request identification.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Wow..did you really just say that your worldly citizenship trumps your Christianity?

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good nigh, this thread has tured into a conflagration. So, I'm going to throw some water instead of gasoline on it and close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.