I thought I'd peep in and see if you all were discussing the school bathroom situation and I see that you are. Here's what I know from being in the school system for a long time. You can fact check my figures if you like. A president can impound funds that Congress has legislated for certain areas. How this technically works, I don't know. But..... Public schools/charter schools only receive about 10% of their funding from the federal government and the two areas that make the bulk of that up are: Title 1 which gives monies to school to boost the academic performance of children in poverty and other at-risk students. These are typically urban areas who get the large portion of these monies, but all schools have some at-risk and do get some monies. And please understand many of these students being served by Title 1 are minority students. IDEA monies (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) - or Special Education monies So, yes. I'd LOVE to see President Obama or one of his representative climb on that soap box or get behind their "pulpit" and try to cut federal funding from impoverished students and special needs students of which so many are minority students.. In fact, I'd pay money myself to see him get on television and explain what "cutting federal funding" meant to those families and that he would impound those monies away from those students just because we won't let boys go the the girl's bathroom/showers/locker rooms. That 10% is channeled through the states and the states disperse it. The other 90% of the funds come from the state departments' own revenues and from local property and sometimes sales taxes. We have high property tax rates in my area of Louisiana and our area gets about $9,000 per child for the school districts from the state. It would hurt - that 10% - but schools would move on. Frankly, I don't see it happening. And if it did - the lawsuits brought forth by these families of impoverished children and special need children would run like water. Anyway, just thought that might be of interest to you. See in for good in September. I'm still very busy with some important projects.