1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Justification

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Martin Marprelate, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need to misrepresent my view. No quote will be forthcoming indicating the above.

Van's view of being justified is being made righteous. But we are made righteous by the circumcision of Christ, the washing of regeneration. After being made righteous, we are made alive together with Christ. Thus our spiritual union occur after being washed with His blood. The last step in the redemption process, which occurs in the twinkling of an eye, is when we are indwelt with the Spirit of Christ. Thus we are sealed in Christ.

Being justified refers to our spiritual condition (alive in Christ).

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have honestly evaluated what you said. I still view it as agreeing that a theology absent of Penal Substitution Theory equates to a faith that will crumble if pushed to the logical conclusions of not accepting PST. If I am mistaking, then it is an honest mistake, brother.

I cannot accept that all those who have gone before are mere heretics and apostates. I cannot accept that God concealed the “real truth” of the gospel until the Reformation. Even if I was to believe that theological developments add to a correct understanding (actually, I do believe this to an extent), it is wrong to assume such error in those who have gone before.

Again, it is arrogant to sit around in the comfort of our homes and criticize Christians for rejecting PST when these have stood for the faith and died for the faith. It is arrogant to call Anabaptists apostate or heretics or of weaker faith because they reject PST.

Stand for what you stand for. But we have to stop being so critical of those who have different philosophies but the same gospel.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has wandered off….and I know that I have contributed much to the wandering. Martin threw the “off topic” ball when he left the conversation and it was just too tempting not to chase it.

I am closing this thread because we have gone into an entirely different subject (I’m really not sure which one it is). But we are all free to start a thread specific to what we want to talk about and continue there. We need to clean this one up and get back on track.

I have created the following threads where these topics can be discussed without mixture or confusion:

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/being-just-or-righteous.99830/

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/two-natures.99831/

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads...logy-and-the-faith-of-those-without-it.99832/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.