1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Justifying Works

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by NetChaplain, Sep 28, 2016.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus was a 100% SINLESS human as he did not have "the law of sin" abiding in him. The human in Romans 7:18 has the willingness to do right but has NO WILL POWER to overcome the law of indwelling sin ABIDING IN HIM.

Christ was not like the human in Romans 7:14-25, but like the PRE-fallen Adam without indwelling sin and Adam was 100% man in his SINLESS state before the fall, and he was 100% FALLEN man after his fall with the "law of sin" abiding in him.

You and I and EVERY HUMAN born after the fall is like the man in romans 7:14-25 who CANNOT DO GOOD because of the indwelling law of sin just read it or do you believe Paul is telling the truth. Show me in Romans 7:14-25 that this is not the condition of that fallen man "sold under sin"!

Jesus said "NO MAN CAN" come to him (Jn. 6:44) apart from divine intervention but you are saying the very opposite.

#41 The Biblicist, Oct 24, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Apart from divine intervention you can't even think or live much less commit any sin.

I didn't create myself. God made me.

The difference is when you sin you want to blame God for not having enough divine intervention.

I'm saying God has supplied all means for you to freely do what is right and it is your fault when you sin not God's fault. Or in short God is not evil.

If you had a mentally disabled child incapable off accepting Jesus as Lord or prone to violence, you would not baptize them and God has really withheld the "good heart" and the ability to do good.

Same goes for the unborn and those killed by abortion.

Some in defense of these might begin to say well these folks obviously have not been given a capacity to do good.

So what? that's the point. Your judging folks precisely on whether God has given them capacity to do Good.

Obviously they are not children of God denied the capacity of doing any good.

It would be no different if two people perfect physically one we understand capable of good the other not. The means by which capability is withheld doesn't matter.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The divine intervention that enables one to come to Christ by faith is not given to all:

Jn. 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
    65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Not all are given by the Father to come to the Son but ALL who are given do come to him and NONE "of all" given are lost:

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
    38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
    39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

All are commanded by God this why a sin is a sin. The command itself is the sufficient intervention, some obey some freely reject.

Jesus doesn't tell repented men to repent, he tells people who need to repent, to repent.

Romans 11
    22Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

The offer is out to everyone. They reject , they accept.

You keep looking for excuse a special ingredient, status. There is none.

Romans 1
    18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

NO EXCUSE.

Its not because God didn't push a button, Its because THEY didn't. They have the truth, they suppress it.

The worst of the worst had everything they needed to be the best of the best.

God is not Evil.

James 1
    13Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. 16Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

1 Corinthians 10

13No temptationc has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be temptedd beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,e he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

God won't allow anyone to be tempted beyond what they handle.

No excuses. When you sin its your fault.

There is no license to sin. Because God gave a license to NOT SIN. And when you do sin. Its not because your lacking a brain or a heart, Its not because your ankle is evil or your shoulder is a liar.

If it the ball was solely in God's court we would be telling God to repent.

We would see a sinner, well he can't fix himself, "God repent" and give this guy what he needs.

No. ....... that's not the way it works.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No human comes into this world in an repentant condition (Psa. 14;2-3; Rom. 3:9-20). All have sinned "in Adam" already prior to individual birth. All are condemned already (Jn. 3:17-18). All come into this world as sinners BY NATURE, inclined to evil. If that were not true then what reason is there for Catholics to baptized infants????

No man in that condition can come to Christ (jn. 6:44) and the fault is not God's, but man's fault as he sinned "in Adam" and the manifestation of that sin is through individual birth and death.

According to justice God owes no man salvation but only condemnation (Jn. 3:17-18) it is only the elective mercy of God that any are saved (Eph. 1:4).

However, all fallen mankind is accountable for their sin and accountable to repent and come to Christ and nothing prevent them from coming to Christ and being saved but their own depraved will that refuses to submit to God (Rom. 8:7) so that all who are "in the flesh" CANNOT please God because they WILL NOT (Rom. 8:8) apart from new birth by the Spirit (Rom. 8:9).

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

Strawman. I'm not denying original sin nor our accountability for it.

"Sin Nature" has no biblical basis.

"All come into this world as sinners BY NATURE"

This is a false statement. #1 nothing about sin is natural. Sin is a unnatural abomination.

See when you sin its "sin nature" 's fault.

No brother, I'm here to tell you when you sin its one's own fault and one NEEDs TO REPENT.

You give God excuses.

If when you sin its REALLEY your fault......SAY that then.

The Pharisees accused Jesus of the same. Of not having divine capability of doing Good.

Matthew 12.

Jesus' perfect response was well if evil does good then Satan is divided against himself.

He didn't counter with well I am divine or was in need of intervention.

But rather that if evil does Good then evil is in trouble.

Evil absolutely knows how to do Good, that's what makes it sin.

Jesus walks up to you he tells you to repent, He doesn't say GOD should repent. He doesn't see you sinning and say well God when are you going to repair his sin nature, when are you going to give this guy the option of not sinning.

God would reply I gave everything for that man not to sin, HE chose to disobey me.

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Yes, there is nothing "natural" about sin as it is an imposition upon nature as God created it before the fall. However, sin has affected all of nature, including the HUMAN NATURE. Prior to the fall the HUMAN NATURE was unaffected by sin and therefore a SINLESS HUMAN NATURE. However, after the fall sin has affected the HUMAN NATURE. Paul describes this effect in Romans 7:14-25.

In Romans 7:25 there is ABIDING IN OUR MEMBERS, our body, our flesh "the law of sin". This "law of sin" WITHIN our members, our body, our flesh (which is part of our HUMAN NATURE) is dominated by "the law of sin" and it is actively at war within us to keep us from doing what we know to be good (Rom. 7:15-17; 19-20). Paul is speaking as a saved person in this text (Rom. 7:22, 25). He explicitly state that his "will" is powerless to overcome the power of this indwelling "law of sin" (Rom. 7:18). The lost man, or natural man that comes into this world is completely dominated by it not only in body but also in mind according to Paul in Rom. 8:7-8 and the only kind of people who can overcome this power of indwelling sin are those indwelt by the Spirit of God (Rom. 8:9-27). Paul could not overcome it as a Spirit indwelt person in Rom. 7:14-21 because he was attempting to do it by his own will power (Rom. 7:18) instead of by the power of the indwelling Spirit of God.

When a baby is born into this world his whole HUMAN NATURE is dominated by this power of indwelling sin and that is why he is a sinner BY NATURE.