1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kathi

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Beth, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Beth

Beth New Member

We would appreciate prayers for Kathi. Kathi lives about a mile down our semi-rural street. I made her acquaintance at a local yard sale and somehow got hooked into taking a disabled hen from her!

anyhow, my hubby and I stopped by this past Sunday pm to pick up the hen and ended up spending some time helping her put up a fence for one of her flocks. While helping her, she asked us what church we attended. This led to us, of course, asking her if she has a personal relationship with the Lord. She said she does, then got into a rant about the need for infant baptism...so....????

She has mental illness issues. She doesn't seem to read her Bible, though she does fellowship at a local start-up Bible fellowship in town which meets in a store.

I asked her if she would like to come to my house and we could study the Bible together, perhaps going through John....my husband would lead the study. Her concern was she can't concentrate too long.....

Anyway, please pray for our direction with her, perhaps all the Lord wishes us to do is encourage her in her walk.

Also pray that she understand the chicken needs to be euthanized...she kept it alive way longer than it should....it has severe cross=beak....the mouth doesn't even close at all with the tongue sticking out.

Your sis in Christ,
    Beth

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Yes, we will pray for Kathi and Lord may You use Beth to be a witness and help in leading this precious lady to the Lord. And Lord please give Beth wisdom how to deal
    with this poor chicken. In Your precious name we pray. Amen.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Kathi is in my prayers.

4. Beth

Beth New Member

a close call

Whew! This was a close call...I spoke to her on the phone Monday about the chicken, and she agreed that it would be most humane to put it down.....Thank the Lord my friend who was going to euthanize it didn't come by, because Kathi called on Wednesday, wanting the chicken back! (My eleven year old daughter said the chicken was off Michael's "hit list", LOL!)

Thank you for praying for her...we will continue to pray for God's lead with her.

Your sis in Christ,
    Beth

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

PTL! for answering prayer even for a chicken.
    May the Lord answer our prayers concerning
    Kathi's salvation and Christian growth.

6. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

continuing to pray for Kathi's salvation.

7. Beth

Beth New Member

Thank you!

Thank you for keeping her in prayer!