1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KaZaA Spyware / Pesky adds Freeze my computer

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Eric Kenney, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Eric Kenney

Eric Kenney New Member

I Have Kazaa and i know that it has spyware and i dont mind spyware but kazaa gets a little outa hand and pop up add killers dont help/ i heard of kazaa lite but It actually doesnt work i still get the kazaa adds HOW CAN I GET RID OF THE SPYWARE :mad: :confused: :mad: . what makes it worse i have another spyware in my computer called GAIN and i dont know how it got there and its not from kazaa . IS THERE ANY PROGRAM THAT GETS RID OF SPYWARE !!!! :confused:

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ad-Aware. It's free; you can get it from www.download.com or www.hotfiles.com

HOWEVER: it will identify Cydoor as the spyware in Kazaa, but you can't get rid of it. If you do, Kazaa will stop working.

Your best bet, if you're going to continue file-sharing through these programs, is to find a different one, like Xolox (no spyware).

3. LindaB

LindaB New Member

here is the url to download Ad-Aware
    from PC Magazine
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7423,00.asp
    the 15.00 for advanced is worth the price.
    I use CuteFTP and found spyware in that program which is a major bummer, I have complained to the company requesting a refund in full.
    annnyway
    ad aware is a very cool program
    happy cleaning!
    Linda
    ps if you have windows XP I recommend a free program from Microsoft called Tweak UI very cool to use, manage all your start progams, features, cookies and more from it