1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"KEEN EDDIE"

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 1, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sherrie, If you read the thread you'll see that it was on BROADCAST t.v. and cable. Fox comes in both through antennas locally and on all the satellites, cables, etc. It was on right after a program for teens and at 9:00 p.m.

I don't see why I would be decietful as you have just stated, when all I did was protest the content of a show.

Diane

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Sue and Diane,

I have never watched this show, or any of the other shows you are protesting, and don't plan to. You certainly have the right to voice your opinion to anyone, including the FCC. If you succeed, fine.

I only wish I could get you two fine ladies to try and get the real trash off TV: Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Robert Tilton, etc, etc.

3. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Amen Terry!

Nothing comes into our homes on TV without us inviting it in. Like I said before...

1. On/Off Switch
    2. Channel Selector
    3. Parental V-Chip Controls

You have the power! You have the tools! Use them!

The difference with those censors, Diane, is that they were networks regulating themselves, not government censors. The government did censor movies (Hayes Commission), but that did not work either, and was likely unconstitutional.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Well I thought it was disgusting, and I did sign. We are christians and we are supose to be salt and light, if we don't oppose evil who will? If all we do is sit back say nothing and turn the channel what have we done to be salt and light in the world?

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

*I have not seen it.
    *I WAS aware of it.
    *It wasn't being played on my TV.
    *I would do that because I care about more children than just my own.
    *No, it is not deceitful because I am not a liar.
    *The pot calling the skillet black??? :confused:

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Unfortunately Terry, if you look at the FCC page I linked to, those 'preachers' (excuse me while I get sick here) are not goverened.
    [​IMG]

Diane

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "Hayes Commission" was not a governmental body. It was an organization set up by the powers that were in Hollywood. The premise was if a movie didn't meet The Code it could not be shown in any legitimate movie theater.

8. I Am Blessed 24

Originally posted by KenH:

Ken: That is an excellent idea! You ought to suggest it to the webmaster. I don't know why everyone has to argue or take sides on these issues.

I post information...a person can either do something about it or not...it's up to them; there is no reason to make comments.

[​IMG]
    §ue

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sue, I apologize for asking you if you thought we should even post this. I can't believe the slack it caused.

We DID have an activism forum for a very short time. It was password protected. Not very many people joined tho. Gina was the moderator. I'd like us to reinstate that for those who feel strongly about certain things to be able to post without fear of ridicule. :(

Diane

10. I Am Blessed 24

I don't mind being ridiculed Diane. Jesus was ridiculed. We will all be ridiculed, at some time or another, if we are living for Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is not easily offended.

[​IMG]
    §ue

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I don't mind it either, Sue. I didn't like being called a 'deceiver' tho and I didn't want to bring this on you.

Thank you tho, for caring for all the children who has no one to care. I think of those in foster homes where the families are in it for the money and not because of some great love for these poor children.

Diane

12. I Am Blessed 24

I got the same email you got. I would have posted it even if you had not asked. [​IMG]

"If God be for me who can be against me?"

"I will not fear what mere flesh can do to me."

BTW..."The Ambush" is on NBC right now. The story of Jessica Lynch and her rescue will be on there.

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Don't forget Monk tonight~ :D

14. I Am Blessed 24

I signed up for a reminder, but I don't get one! Could you give me the URL again please? :D

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I hope nobody minds this thread shutting down without the usual six hour notice. There's already been an unneccessary volatile tone to it, and I'd like to ensure it doesn't explode. [​IMG]
    Gina