1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Keeping his commandments

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Amen...breaking just one of the 10 commandments makes one guilty of breaking them all (613 of them, not just 10).

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

As I recall, the rich rich man who came to Jesus asking how he may inherit eternal life (Mark 10:17-22), told Jesus that he kept the commandments....did he love Jesus? Why didn't he inherit eternal life?

Mark 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
    Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
    Mark 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
    Mark 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
    Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
    Mark 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

1. In English, one question mark is sufficient to express the interogatory...perhaps it is different in the original KJV Hebrew.

2. Any time anyone disobeys God, he/she IS expressing both lack of love for God, and unbelief.

3. However, the verses I originally posted point us to the fact that no one is perfectly capable of keeping God's commands all the time...1 John himself says if anyone says he has no sin, he is a liar.

4. Obedience is a FRUIT of salvation, not the root of it...if a person has no desire to obey God, then they are giving fruit of unbelief.

Questions for you: (a) Is it possible for a believer to perfectly obey God all the time, loving him with all his heart all the time...doing all to the glory of God all the time? (b) If a believer does not do this from the time of their conversion til death, are they unsaved?

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONLY thing that keeps one from heaven, or the earethly Kingdom , will be NOT having the blood/death of Jesus applied towards your sin debt!

IF you want to kep commandments as the way to enter in, how many and how long? God demands sinless perfection going that route!

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

These Scriptures are correct and true - no doubt.

BUT don't confuse this modern age that has no tree of life in it, with that of the new heaven and earth.

Only believers have the right to the tree of life.

We are currently in the state that Paul eloquently presented as "wretched" because we don't do what we should and do do what we shouldn't.

The old nature in this old body with all that pertains and lusts to that which is worldly and ungodly is not a part of "the new creation created in Christ Jesus."

There is no "breaking the commandments" in the final estate of the believer.

Therefore, the verses you posted are such a hope and encouragement to us that we (as did Paul) can express, "Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin."

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God does NOT check your good works as to if you can get saved, that was settled at the Cross, but just what type of eternal rewards that you will get!

Did you think God demands perfection to keep/enter heaven?

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am slightly confused as to whether you are agreeing with my post or not.

For those forum folks, I want to say, I agree with Yeshua1. God certainly doesn't stack good works up as some credible security for salvation.

The Scriptures teach (as Paul stated) that judgment as to the work of the believer is fired up to see whether they be precious or worthless.

Yeshua1 and I don't consider perfection as capable in any part of the believer in this economy. Paul (as I posted) states the condition that every believer finds them self in this living - "wretched."

WHEN we have attained the new body in which the new creation is instilled, then we shall be like Him (Christ) perfect and complete - never again to sin. John says, "2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is."

It is that state we are displayed as the Bride of Christ to the Father, and are ushered into the new heaven and new earth where the tree of life sets beside the river.

#46 agedman, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we agree, just was adressing those here who seem to hold that works and performance are what God will base if we "qualifiy" to keep our salvation on!

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

AGAIN--as it is already plain for everyone here--I DIDNT SAY THOSE THINGS.

Jahshua did ---seems you are trolling me for some reason--if you are a Christian you have sense enough to know that the posts I gave is the actual word of YAH--word for word--NOT MY SAYINGS.

Maybe you have another agenda ?????????

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Who is Jahshua?

What exactly did he say?

Was it a command that we are to keep?

Do you keep it? All the time? Completely?

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

:love2::love2::love2:

11. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Still non compliant with the moderators questians, i see.

#51 Steadfast Fred, Jul 3, 2013
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Are you here to debate or to mock?
    Your answer is insulting!

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

:love2::love2::love2::love2:

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Seriously?

15. Steadfast Fred

Obviously, to mock.

16. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

That's your answers

17. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

HW, you are the one with the agenda!

So, HW...

I believe that HW has used many of those names, but there is only ONE Name by which we are saved....that Name is JESUS!

Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Acts 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

In addition (from the same link)

#57 Fred's Wife, Jul 3, 2013
  18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

that sus in jesus sure does sound like shua in the other names you posted doesn't it ??? NO IT DOES NOT

19. Steadfast Fred

So what if it doesn't sound like shua.

Jesus is the name by which we must be saved. If you haven't trusted Jesus for your Salvation, you have an extremely hot future to look forward to.

#59 Steadfast Fred, Jul 3, 2013
  20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

:praying: :praying: :praying: :praying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.