1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KEEPING THE LAW is not an OPTION - pt.2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, May 12, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

thought i would start a pt.2 of this discussion - seems i wanted to say more in response to SMM and brobob i believe...

SMM said "And, if breaking them is sin... "

it is sin according to 1John 3:4

i like anecdotes - so here's another one:

a boy and his father are camping out in the forest - at some point in time they decide to chase after eachother - the boy is in the lead - but ends up tripping over a tree root and a branch inserts itself into the boys neck - piercing the juggular vein - blood is everywhere - the father rushes his son to the emergancy room - the doctor knows immediately what to do and how to go about it. a minute later during the operation - the boy lifts his index finger and says 'hey - i've got a sliver in my finger - it hurts alot! can you take it out! please!' but the doctor pushes aside the little boy's finger and focuses on the bleeding juggular vein. and now because the doctor has focused on the vein - the little boy is now alive and well.

we as christians are the little boy - the juggular vein is the state of our soul. we're going to die one day - sooner or later. that is the most important thing. the little sliver - it could represent the little things in life - marriage, broken down car, broken foot etc. or it could represent the law of God that doesn't focus on morals. the juggular vein - also could represent the moral laws.

i think God's going to focus more on the state of our soul and whether or not we're righteously moral rather then if we're mixing materials in our clothing.

all the ten commandments - that is the moral law. no?

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

gekko,

I really liked the story alot. It seems to fit my life, actually, But I dont understand this part of it:

"The juggular vein could represent the law of God that doesn't focus on morals. the juggular vein - also could represent the moral laws."

what do you mean "that doesnt focus on morals?"

Claudia

3. gekko

gekko New Member

it doesn't say that... haha.

it says "the little sliver - it could represent the little things in life - marriage, broken down car, broken foot etc. or it could represent the law of God that doesn't focus on morals. the juggular vein - also could represent the moral laws."

the little sliver - i think could represent those laws that God has put out there that aren't moral laws...

make more sense?

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Ok now I understand. I copied and pasted the juggular vein thing wrong [​IMG]
    I just didnt know what you meant by laws that werent moral laws..

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You have to do twice as many posts as me to catch up with me, gekko... I just looked at our number of posts

6. gekko

gekko New Member

haha. 4 is ripe.

yah. im most like that too. haha. and im probably one of the most accident prone people this side of SWflorida... haha.

ok that's way off topic. [​IMG]

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Maybe thats why I keep on asking God, "Will you please fix my marriage" and "will you please fix my foot" but it seems like He doesnt even answer me...

Maybe He's working on my soul.

But it is just killinggggggggggggg me! I cant stand this anymore. Dont know how much more of it I can take.

and they sure dont seem like slivers to me... more like telephone poles

8. gekko

gekko New Member

look at it this way - once God is done with the juggular vein - is he just going to ignore the sliver in the finger? nah. he knows its there and He'll eventually get there - on his timing.

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

gekko,

For an 18 year old, you are very wise for your years.

Im married to somebody who actually believes that only God can forgive you and that he doesnt need to or have to forgive anybody.

And hes got it in his head that Ive done things he's holding a grudge about. And so no matter what I do or say, he wants to hold onto this grudge. And to me the things hes so mad about are little things that shouldnt matter all that much.

Besides, I feel like if anybody ought to be unforgiving it should be me, but I dont feel that way.

And I just dont know what to do. No matter what I say or do he still acts this way.

Im still trying so hard to be Christlike and etc... but its just so hard not to give up.

Its hard to know how to win over someone who is just impossible to reason with.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I changed the color gek;

Claudia if you get a chance check out my web site please. Smm went there but He didn't like it too much, said it took too much of His God given time.

Link BBob

11. gekko

gekko New Member

although you've probably pointed this out to him...

i like how peter (was it peter?) who asked the Lord how many times he was supposed to fogive his friends and that. and the Lord responded with "77 times 7" in other words... everytime. alot. etc.

i used to think like that... until my mom pointed that verse out to me...

although i think its a different kind of forgiveness.

just like there's different kinds of repentance.
    -there's vertical repentence
    -and there's horizontal repentance

vertical obviously being towards God (which is what we should ultimately be doing.
    horizontal being towards man.

all forgiveness towards man is this: one side apologizing and the other side accepting that apology. no?

people tend to go into making it complicated.

12. gekko

gekko New Member

YAY! i like that color. praise the Lord for the color blue... i wake up in the morning and look at the lid of this holding cell and i just love the blue sky...

i will read it tonight...

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Brother Bob,

well Ive got all the time in the world since Im laying here with a foot injury so Im looking at it right now.

I have always wondered what a "Regular" Baptist is! Is a Regular Baptist different than an "Old Regular"?

Claudia

15. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Bob,

You wrote and sang these two songs on here? Im listening to The Valley now

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

gekko,

yeah forgive 70 x 7 ... its hard havng a marriage if someone doesnt believe in forgiveness.

17. gekko

gekko New Member

i've skimmed over the sections - will read it over more in depth tonight.

i notice you've said "(That remnant was the church, not all of Israel!)"

which to me sounds like you're saying that Israel is the church...?

when the bible says Israel... it means Israel - no getting around that.

romans 11:2 "God hath not cast awy his people which he foreknew. wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, Lord, they have killed they prophets, and igged down thine altars; and i am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace..."

v.11 "I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealosy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?"

v.25 "for i would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. AND SO ALL ISRAEL SHALL BE SAVED: as it is written there shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when i shall take away their sins."

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes Claudia it is the same as Old Regular and it is me singing the songs.

gek;

Romans, chapter 9
    "6": Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

"7": Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

"8": That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Romans, chapter 2
    "28": For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

"29": But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is
    not of men, but of God.

Romans, chapter 9

26": And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

"27": Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

"28": For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

19. gekko

gekko New Member

i agree with those verses. although i dont fully understand what they mean - i'll get my mom to ask the messianic church we go to on saturdays (i dont go now cause im in a different city) - just to get a jewish perspective on it.

the gentiles are the wild branches - agreed? (romans 11:17 "thou, being a wild olive tree")
    the jews are the natural branches - agreed? (romans 11:21 "for if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee." (wild branches))

we are different physically - but spiritually i believe we are different as well. i dont know a whole lot on this subject - all i know is that the church has not replaced Israel (that would be replacement theology - which is not biblical)

God aint done with Israel.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Romans, chapter 2
    "28": For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

"29": But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is
    not of men, but of God.

I agree on the wild branches and the natural branches but we are grafted into the same tree and not to boast for it is much easier to graft the original branch back in than a wild olive branch.

If I understand the Scriptures we must become a Jew inwardly and in Spirit. It says as there was a remnant in those days even so there shall be a remnant.
    What does your mom think about you going to a Christian church?

Well the first Christian churches were Jews and I believe we too are Jews inwardly.