1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Keeping the Passover in order to be saved

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 3, 2016.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, this is your false doctrine.

Since I am the preacher, yes, that is precisely what I preach on the great pattern. The term "father" or patros in Greek refers to "source" and/or conveys similarities or likeness. Abraham is set forth in Romans 4 as an illustration to prove Paul's point in Romans 3:27-28 that it is by the law of faith that man is justified rather than by the law of works as the law of works provides grounds for boasting or glorying (same Greek word). It is the SIMILARITY or LIKENESS of Abraham's own personal justification by faith without works that Paul sets forth as the great pattern for all who are justified by faith, and thus Abraham is the "father" of all who are of faith in that sense.

Yes, why don't you try the truth! In context, Paul is speaking exclusively about the Israelite who claims based upon obedience to the Law they will be justiifed. But Paul denies they are doers of the law, but are hypocrits (Rom.2:17-23). The true Jew/Israelite is both a Jew outwardly and inwardly, one who is by physical birth an Israelite and one who is by new birth a child of God - that is a true Jew. However, "in Christ" there is no "Jew". So Paul, when speaking about a "true" Jew is referring to a born again Israelite in contrast to a born again Gentile as this ethnic distinction is purely external with regard to the person not with the new birth.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As in?

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew (who was/is called by God) first, and also to the Greek (who was/is called by God) .

Almost could leave off the /is relative to the Jew?

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God made specific prophecies for Israel, and He made specific prophecies for the Church. I am a Roby by birth; my wife became a Roby by choice.

The Church does NOT replace physical Israel in the prophecies for Israel. I believe this is quite evident from the history of the Jews from the time of the apostles til now. Biblicist is spot on in his description of a true Jew in Jesus' view.

"Replacement theology" is just another man-made false doctrine & is simply another of Satan's attempt to divert men away from Jesus. Satan has a "scratch" in the form of a false doctrine, a cult, or a sect for every itching ear.