1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kelly Thomas Verdict: Support Your Local Police Uber Alles

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Jan 14, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Kelly Thomas died as a result of being beaten, tasered, and suffocated by a thugswarm of police on the July 5, 2011. A jury in Orange County, California — an authoritarian conservative community in which the “Support Your Local Police” movement took root and flourished in the mid-1960s — has acquitted the two ringleaders of that police gang, Manuel Ramos and Ken Cincinelli, of all charges arising from that atrocity.

Manuel Ramos, who harassed, taunted, and terrorized Thomas for nearly a half-hour before the beating began, was charged with second degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, and faced up to 15 years in prison. Cincinelli, charged with criminal assault, confronted a four-year prison term. Both were fired from the Fullerton Police Department following a public outcry.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/kelly-thomas-verdict-support-your-local-police-uber-alles/

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Almost posted this earlier, but didn't want to hear the resident government worshiper defend the officers after I saw the pics of that guy - tough to stomach.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Evidently manslaughter is department policy.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Y'all know you're barking up the wrong tree, right?

I agree that this was excessive force, and that the officers should have been charged, and possibly even found guilty.

But a jury found them not guilty.

The public that these police officers protect, are the ones that basically are telling their police department that it's okay to do this.

Address this issue before we continue talking about the poor behavior of the policemen.

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

They are the resident anarchists, Don. They want to do what they want, when they want, without interference. That's why they continually post this drivel.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well...actually having been a security guy, and having taught other security guys (albeit, military), I agree that excessive force was used in this situation. I always ascribed to the Patrick Swayze "Roadhouse" quote: "Be nice until it's time to not be nice."

I can't understand why the jury let them off the hook.

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

So do I, and I agree with your post. It's just that these two go out of their ways to make sure negative stuff about police officers gets posted on this board.
    Neither can I. But as you intimated, it is the attitude of the local populace that encouraged this incident, but that doesn't let the officers off the hook.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's called news. TND doesn't recognize it as such because it isn't coming from Saudi Faux Snews.

Yes Don I understand that a jury found them not guilty. That does not make them innocent. They beat a man to death. The fact that a jury found them not guilty should set off warning bells for all of us.

Tyranny is becoming institutionalized and being accepted as normal or as in the case of our good friend TND preferable to liberty and accountable government.

Oh wait TND does want to hold democrats accountable. Republicans and thugish cops always get a free pass from him.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...cquittals-Kelly-Thomas-Beating-240033241.html

I can't decide which is worse authoritarian lefties or authoritarian righties. What ever happened to believing in liberty and justice for all? When did individual liberty and protecting the rights of citizens from petty tyrants like fat thug cops like this become anarchy?

#8 poncho, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It doesn't excuse the officers.

The jury having the same mindset is just evidence of what I keep seeing around the nation - people so enamored with our government that they cannot see when they do wrong.

Most people on this board who responded to my thread about the father who was jailed after beating the youth pastor predator who was after his daughter felt the father deserved to be jailed.
    And no outrage over this.

Whatever the officers do, it somehow ends up being okay. It's not their fault. The father should have called the police.
    The jury should have found the police guilty.
    The citizen shouldn't have been walking in that area to start with.
    Etc..

Where have the people gone who just use plain old common sense coupled with a love for freedom and justice?

Yes, sometimes the lines are grey, and that's where common sense kicks in.

Oh, and TND? Resident anarchists? :laugh: I do so get bored with such plain terms. When attempting to be a rabble-rouser, at least make use of the online Shakespearean insult generator to add a bit of sting to your intended barbs.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think TND is doing a great job Gina. The more he talks the more people can see there is no difference between democrats and republicans in as much as they are all authoritarian control freaks that worship a big powerful central government and the thugs that carry out it's tyranny against it's own citizens.

People like TND aren't normal Gina. Normal people get upset and angry when they see others being abused by fat low IQ thugs like these cops.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did I excuse the officers?

But you're railing against a symptom. The cops wouldn't be allowed to use excessive force if the people held them accountable.

A people that allows their police and military to enslave them, deserves to be enslaved. The cops aren't the problem; they're simply analogous to children who are allowed to behave badly. The parents are the problem....

13. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

So true. We traded our liberty for imagined security, and possess neither.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Welcome, my child. :thumbs: LOL You get it. Now explain it to TND please. He isn't realizing that there's an illness and the symptoms have grown pretty in-our-faces obvious now.

As to your last sentence though...no. Kids are people too. Some of them are just rotten despite the best upbringing.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Not all the people are willing to let the military and police enslave us. Mostly it's been a very vocal minority like TND and his fake conservative neocon partners that act as cheerleaders for the big government authoritarian system set up under the "national security sate".

Luckily for us these devout authoritarian cheerleaders for the corporate fascist system in Washington and Wall Street keep shooting their mouths off and showing their true colors while everyone else is waking up to the total tyranny that is trying to strangle the last bit of the love of liberty out of our minds.

#15 poncho, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
  16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#17 poncho, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014