1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KenH's Ron Paul for President Thread

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Oct 26, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul is gaining more attention from the media and in order avoid being accused of spamming I will now be confining my posting of articles and information about the Ron Paul for President campaign to this thread.

I start with an article entitled "Flush With New Millions, Underdog Vies to Compete":

Flush With New Millions, Underdog Vies to Compete
    By JULIE BOSMAN

WASHINGTON, Oct. 25 — If media muscle is any measure of a candidate, Representative Ron Paul of Texas is getting ready to flex his.

In the last two weeks, Mr. Paul — a Republican presidential candidate — has spent nearly a half-million dollars on radio advertisements in four early primary states, the first major media investment of his campaign. On Tuesday night, he will take a seat opposite Jay Leno.

And on Monday, a campaign spokesman said, he will roll out his first major television advertising campaign, spending $1.1 million on five new commercials to be shown in the New Hampshire market for the next six weeks.

- rest at www.nytimes.com/2007/10/26/us/26paul.html?_r=1&ref=politics&oref=slogin

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By Marc Ambinder:

"For the longest time, many journalists, myself included, did not take Ron Paul seriously. It wasn't that his politics -- a combination of libertarian constitutionalism and social conservatism -- were unusual. It was, principally, that he was anti-war in a party where that view dare not express itself.

Paul is now emerging as a serious threat in New Hampshire, perhaps not to win it -- although the winner may need only 25% or so -- , but to influence the outcome in a way that reflects his worldview. He will spend most of the $5.3M in his campaign budget on television, mailings and field organizing in the Granite State. There are 450 people in largest Ron Paul Meetup group, and they're canvassing in Claremont and dropping lit in Manchester this weekend.

Who likes Paul? His aides say there is no single demographic. Many are former members of the Buchanan Brigade, suddenly re-energized by Paul's anti-interventionism and strong border stances. Others seem to be casual libertarians who never really found a sympathetic voice in any of the other presidential candidates. Yet others are self-described constitutionalists. They blame the monetary system for the credit crunch and for economic dislocation. Monetary policy has been Paul's other big bugbear."

- http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/10/when_i_visited_ron_pauls.php

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Piece of cake

Ron Paul may lead among certain-aged voters against Hillary but nothing else suggests that he would have a chance whatsoever.

Ron Paul's first job is to deal with another, much-tougher lady--Phyllis Schafly and her National Republican Coalition For Life organization. Many Republicans are experienced in rejecting ideas from the Rockefeller wing about dropping the plank for a constitutional amendment to protect life. Ron Paul does not have nearly the political muscle as some of the liberal Republicans and he will be a piece of cake for Phyllis Schafly.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the presence of this thread mean you'll stop spamming the board with Ron Paul propaganda?:praying:

6. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Well...

I ran a search for all posts containing "Rush Limbaugh" by "carpro and found 19 threads. When I searched for posts containing "Limbaugh" by carpro I found 27 threads.

Also, for someone complaining about Ron Paul threads, you do seem to enjoy participating in them. Search Forums found 49 cases of your doing just that.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My intention is to not start any other threads other than this one about Ron Paul.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for you!!:thumbs:

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

I see you have at least partially mastered the forum search feature. Since you're so interest in my posting history, maybe you can tell us how many threads I started with Rush Limbaugh as the main topic. I look forward to your answer.;)

I will continue to participate in Ron Paul threads when it suits me. I like to give KenH a hard time. Maybe the spamming of the board with Paul propaganda will slow down or hopefully be placed in Ken's continuing thread.

This doen't apply to KenH. He's been here a long time, but it does seem we have a number of new members who just happen to be Paul supporters and start a lot of threads that focus on him. I wonder how that happened...

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

They seemed to pile in after we lost a few.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Ivon Denosovich

Pop star John Mayer endorses Paul. The bluesy rocker will play a Paul Rally Nov. 10th. Mayer challenges Paul's opponents to, "read the Constitution!"
    Story here.

16. Ivon Denosovich

Paul will appear on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno tomorrow October 30th.

17. Ivon Denosovich

ABC News asks if Paul will benefit from Tonight Show appearance.

18. Ivon Denosovich

19. Ivon Denosovich

Robert Novak says he's, "fondest," of Ron Paul. Novak's remarks tick off liberals here.

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I like Mayer's music. He has espoused liberalism in the past, as have some other supporters of Paul (and Paul himself). Take that for whatever you wish.

Last Zogby poll I saw had Paul dead last. Paul's lip-service to the constitution is needed. Now, it should be heeded by Paul and others. Would to God we had more who observed the Constitution.